B7 Avant Locking Wheelnut Key?

Graemetee

Reaction score
I've just picked up my Avant a couple of days ago but I can't find the locking wheel nut key anywhere. I've looked int he user manual but it doesn't mention where it's kept.
Is the key normally in the toolbox in the boot or somewhere else?

I'd call the guy I bought the car from but he was going away on holiday today!

Hej, don't think there's a standard place for a locking key....I take it you have tried the glove box as well the spare wheel compartment are.

Happy Hunting,
A

It should be located in the black toolbox in your wheel well on the left. If you can't find it though just take a trip to your local Audi as they have the master set of 20 providing they are still Audi's own lockers. The locker is around £38 though, but better than being stuck at the roadside with a puncture.

Sometimes stored in any spare wheel foam insert, generally its found in boot under the mats.

I've looked pretty much everywhere but can't find it at all.

I'll have another look tomorrow morning then get in touch with Audi. It was just in the local Audi dealers getting a load of work done about a fortnight ago, just before I bought it, including new brakes so they must have had the key to remove the wheels. With any luck they've just forgot to put it back in the car.

Should be in the case with the jack and wrench.

Problem solved :)

It turns out that the previous owner had the car valeted before he cleaned it and they took everything out of the glove box and put it in a cardboard box so it didn't get lost. The key was in the glovebox!

I'm glad I don't have to try and mess about with the dealers now to try and find the correct key.