Do I need to change anything after remap?

Harveysmith

Reaction score
So I have kist had my 07 plate S3 remapped to 300bhp. The car had done 92k miles. Just wondering do I need to change anything in the engine or car to assist with the extra power? Don't want to blow anything!

Cheers

I've got stage 1 with cai and gfb+ divertor valve...

Divertor valves and clutches are prone to going after stage 1

In theory no you dont as the Stage 1 is designed to run with no mods. This isn't saying don't do it as any mechanical mod will benefit the car. All depends on your budget though. Some S3's have failing clutches at Stage 1.....some dont so dont be surprised if it does start to slip. If you want to take it further (Stage 2+) then thats when the expensive mods start.....i.e HPFP, clutch, TBE, CAI etc etc

Sorry going to look stupid now... What cai and gfb? Did you change the divertor valve because it went?

Sorry going to look stupid now... What cai and gfb? Did you change the divertor valve because it went?
CAI is cold air intake
HPFP is high pressure fuel pump

GFB is a make however a DV or diverter valve is prone to failing on some pre 58 plate cars, i.e yours. Although some people have seen improvements in boost holding on the newer S3's by using a DV+ its something i would defiantly consider on a tuned 2007 S3.. a CAI should unleash a few more ponies & torques, potentially up to 15 if you get a decent one… worthy investment!

Reactions: Sprintblu3
CAI is cold air intake
HPFP is high pressure fuel pump

GFB is a make however a DV or diverter valve is prone to failing on some pre 58 plate cars, i.e yours. Although some people have seen improvements in boost holding on the newer S3's by using a DV+ its something i would defiantly consider on a tuned 2007 S3.. a CAI should unleash a few more ponies & torques, potentially up to 15 if you get a decent one… worthy investment!
Im going stage2 later this year to mate thanks for that bit of info on the abbreviations. Im looking at about £2k for tbe and revo stg2 map. Then obv around £1k for uprated clutch. Cai dont cost a ridiculous amount do they even for a decent one, but how much would i be looking at for a diverter valve and a high pressure fuel pump? Ill be wanting to do everything at same time just save up bit longer

Im going stage2 later this year to mate thanks for that bit of info on the abbreviations. Im looking at about £2k for tbe and revo stg2 map. Then obv around £1k for uprated clutch. Cai dont cost a ridiculous amount do they even for a decent one, but how much would i be looking at for a diverter valve and a high pressure fuel pump? Ill be wanting to do everything at same time just save up bit longer

Decent CAI would be the CTS turbo one Brodster does from america, thats about £275 inc delivery & a heat shield. 2+ needs the HPFP and you're looking at £600 for the LOBA + cam follower (best one to get) You can get the Auto tech internals for about £350 but it means rebuilding your existing pump so higher labour charge..!

DV+ is about £90-100. 2+ would require a clutch though as the torque increase is massive!

Reactions: Sprintblu3
Decent CAI would be the CTS turbo one Brodster does from america, thats about £275 inc delivery & a heat shield. 2+ needs the HPFP and you're looking at £600 for the LOBA + cam follower (best one to get) You can get the Auto tech internals for about £350 but it means rebuilding your existing pump so higher labour charge..!

DV+ is about £90-100. 2+ would require a clutch though as the torque increase is massive!
So when i go to my local tuning garage to get a stage 2 carried out and want everything done i need for it to run fine with no problems or hassle what would i ask for? Tbe, the map, clutch, CAI that it? No need for anything else unless i go stg2+?

Cheers

My engine bay as standard....

My engine bay after a 'few' tweaks running stage 1.... need a new clutch tho :(

Last edited by a moderator:
dont know whats happened with they pics? :wtf:

Look nice! How much and where did you get the engine cover from and the air intake? Did you fit it all yourself? Good performance after?

Look nice! How much and where did you get the engine cover from and the air intake? Did you fit it all yourself? Good performance after?

Thats the TTS engine cover... costs around £100 with mounting bolts from Audi new.. you do see them in classifieds sometimes tho, so just keep your eyes open... Comes in silver/black, done the colour change myself with some rattle cans, just to put my own twist on things... Got the air intake from Matt at MTC... costs about £170 and then you just purchase your own air filter to go with the kit... Very well priced kit and Matts a great guy who'll look after you all the way.. A lot of fellas have started using these kits as a nice budget alternative and theres been quotes of a 19hp gain seen on a leon from them, so they cant be too shabby....

Fit it all myslef mate, easy enough and theres plenty of guides on the forum to help you along if you get stuck

Reactions: Dave-S3
Diverter valve revision G gets the thumbs up from certain tuners. It does have a diaphragm but at £41 it is not too expensive if it does tear. Quite an easy job to replace if needed providing you can get the standard engine cover off! The £60+ later Revision D with a piston rather than the diaphragm has been known to leak from new.
I have the GRB DV+ and I am happy with it at the moment but this does have mixed reviews. I was also told to add a pipercross to aid breathing at high revs as the standard air box is restrictive. The Mk V golf GTi uses the same system at only 197 bhp