how will my s3 run with the n75 unplugged?

JUS3IN

14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
he all just a quick one today, as some of you may know we have our first little one arriving mid january and the s3 is going to be our only car for the time being as we have sold the missus jimny today to raise some cash...

anyhow, i have been contemplating disconnecting the n75 while the girlfriend has the car. hopefully this will make it a bit better on fuel and less liable to throw the baby around if she stabs the throttle a little hard... mainly for fuel reasons though...lol im tight!

will the car run perfectly and adjust the fuelling down to run on the 6psi of boost or will it be running really rich and be pointless? if so ive toyed with the idea of adding a switch into the n75 wiring to the dash and having switchable in car boost?

It will run fine, the car will still know how much air is flowing and fuel accordingly. . . Switch is a good idea, a few people on the forum (including prawn) have wired one in. I actually have the switch here for mine! Just haven't got round to doing it yet. . . .

Unless she's completely unable to drive right, she should be ok.. I had bill include one map on actuator I call "mrs mode" Which was still 293bhp! But she'll never get on boost tbh.

I know mine is not that far from standard but my mrs drives it just fine as it is, likes others have said, she does not get on boost really lol.

great thats good to hear, so do i just splice either one of the wires and run a wire to the dash to an on off switch or do i need to do both wires on a double switch if you know what i mean?

a long while ago a friend of mine bought an evo 4 with a broken waste gate that was really good on fuel, when he got it repaired he sold it because it was too juicy lol...

im interested to know the average mpg on low boost because im guessing even before you boost the map will start loading the fuel in to avoid running lean right?

my missus does drive it, and she does fine but occasionally under estimates the power when she jumps from the 70bhp jimny to the 280bhp s3 lol, that scenario and a rear facing baby seat lol...

what power does an s3 make with it un plugged??? 150bhp?

Last edited:
Has this question been answered yet as I also would like too know.

Answer is in the thread Anthony, it's literally just a case of cutting one of the N75 feed wires, and extending the two ends to a switch, and that's literally all there is to it!

Be aware that it will throw a fault code for the N75 but shouldn't turn on the CEL

<tuffty/>

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…