Needles illuminated and welcome message on VDO full FIS tacho

The eep works differently on the A3. Where are you based? do you have tools to safely write a new eeprom? if so you can email me yours and ill see about editing it for you.

AFAIK welcome message is when seatbelts on then ignition on. Lit needles are usually already active on A3 too.

First of all sorry for my bad English. :sm4: I am from Europe, Slovenia. Yes I noticed that that here's a different dump from MK4. Friend of mine has k+can commander, with mine vag-tacho 3.01, I can't get it to login(I get a message: access denied). Needles aren't illuminated like on my previous original Magnetti Marelli cluster. My car doesn't have seatbelt warning, or switch on seat for it. Would that be a problem for welcome message? Could you also change RPM's from 7000 to 5000 for diesel engine? Or would be better to get original dump from TDI cluster?

Is it a genuine abritus K + can commander v21 ? If not i would not recommend re writting the eeprom with either tool. If the car is tdi start with a tdi eep dump for that clock. Hardware in the clocks are not always the same despite part numbers being the same. probably why your lit needles no longer work!

(my lit needles have failed from experimenting with eeproms aswell !!)

No, it is not genuine. Version 3,6 I think. Why wouldn't you recommend rewriting it, what can go wrong? I guess it will stay as it is then.