New car

Pop back into the dealer and ask to see the Vehicle Information screen from their order tracking system. It looks like this:

Car status

You can check your order number matches up, along with the planned build dates. As the vehicle progresses down the queue it will be assigned its VIN and Engine number. You'll soon be able to tell if yours is genuinely 'made to order' if the dealer shows you this screen (and there is no reason they shouldn't do this IMO).

Pop back into the dealer and ask to see the Vehicle Information screen from their order tracking system. It looks like this:

View attachment 25165

You can check your order number matches up, along with the planned build dates. As the vehicle progresses down the queue it will be assigned its VIN and Engine number. You'll soon be able to tell if yours is genuinely 'made to order' if the dealer shows you this screen (and there is no reason they shouldn't do this IMO).

Yep, this is what was emailed through to me.

View attachment 25165

Thank you for this information as it's good to know this. How would they be able to email it when it's just on a screen?

I actually think all the evidence provided suggests all you need to do is place your order....if required the dealer can take a screen shot from the PC and e-mail the image to you.

I'm all for helping people but we've done this multiple times now, covered multiple pictures of suspensions, which engines, how can i tell if privacy glass is real, which it the best north west dealer.

The time has come to just place your order or maybe the A3 is not the car for you because you don't have any confidence in the information people are providing...

I actually think all the evidence provided suggests all you need to do is place your order....if required the dealer can take a screen shot from the PC and e-mail the image to you.

I'm all for helping people but we've done this multiple times now, covered multiple pictures of suspensions, which engines, how can i tell if privacy glass is real, which it the best north west dealer.

The time has come to just place your order or maybe the A3 is not the car for you because you don't have any confidence in the information people are providing...

Sorry to upset you I just wanted people's option.

I'm not upset, just want you to place the order get it delivered and get driving it...

I like to know things inside out hence all the questions! I want to ensure that everything the salesman says is true and people here can answer that.

The fact the car is built to order at the factory was really the least of my concernse when ordering mycar. Discount avaialble, time to arrive, trade in value, insurance, GAP, Autoglym or DIY, options options options, paint colour (lets not start another paint colour thread we all know Estoril is best), wheel choices, first track to listen to on the first drive, will there be a free gift on collection, full tank of petrol, is the depreciation really worth it (I could buy and bin 2 Dacias for the cost of depreciation of a S3 in three years).

And now my car sits in the garage, becuase the weather it to horrid to go out for a fun drive :banghead:

I have a mate with a 996 and it sits in the garage because the weather is always bad, rest of the time he drives an old 306...

We have an old classic car. Wouldn't dream of taking her out in the wet!

We have an old classic car. Wouldn't dream of taking her out in the wet!

What is your classic?

I too have a garage queen. It will go out in the wet but only during summer months, once the salt has gone, when the S3 will be garaged.
For now it's taxed in the hope of a good dry winter day........

The S3 will get thrown at anything, that's what it's there for!

Its not that I wont drive in bad weather, but going for a fun drive with the amount of branches and standing water in the roads in the country makes it exciting in all the wrong ways. Its not really th bad weather more the hazzards in the road from the bad weather. The S3 is a nice car, but its an everyday car not a weekend plaything.

But poor road conditions and getting used to how the S3 delivers 300PS with the quattro might not end too well.