Economical S3 - 400+ miles to a tank (and I aint kidding!)

I went to Maidstone from norfolk the other weekend and best I managed was 35mpg and that was cruising at around 60-70. I'm in a manual and using unleaded......I have thought about putting 99ron instead, would that make much of a difference?

I went to Maidstone from norfolk the other weekend and best I managed was 35mpg and that was cruising at around 60-70. I'm in a manual and using unleaded......I have thought about putting 99ron instead, would that make much of a difference?
It should make minimal difference to mpg,but if you have a remapped car,it may help performance with higher levels of boost.

By the replies I have seen so far s3_sid getting 22mpg around town thats pretty close to the stated urban of 24 for a manual.
Also S3Alex with his modified car showing 35mpg leads me to believe there could be a problem somewhere along the line with my car!
My last 2 fill ups has got me around 180miles on a tank, so to here that people have got 350-400 out of the tank does make me wonder.
The crazy part of all this is I haven't even put my foot down yet.
I have still got a months warranty left on the car so can take the car back in to get it checked over but can you guys advise
what if anything i should get looked at? Also if there are any members with s3 dsg's around the Heathrow area it would be good
to hear from you
Thanks Guys.

I know mines an S1 BUT...........

just for anyone interested due to get 330 miles out of my current tank and i could have got more, not lots more but I think 350-360 is easily achievable on a m'way run in an S1 at 75ish

Averaging 35.7MPG I'm happy with that

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…