Economical S3 - 400+ miles to a tank (and I aint kidding!)

I went to Maidstone from norfolk the other weekend and best I managed was 35mpg and that was cruising at around 60-70. I'm in a manual and using unleaded......I have thought about putting 99ron instead, would that make much of a difference?

I went to Maidstone from norfolk the other weekend and best I managed was 35mpg and that was cruising at around 60-70. I'm in a manual and using unleaded......I have thought about putting 99ron instead, would that make much of a difference?
It should make minimal difference to mpg,but if you have a remapped car,it may help performance with higher levels of boost.

By the replies I have seen so far s3_sid getting 22mpg around town thats pretty close to the stated urban of 24 for a manual.
Also S3Alex with his modified car showing 35mpg leads me to believe there could be a problem somewhere along the line with my car!
My last 2 fill ups has got me around 180miles on a tank, so to here that people have got 350-400 out of the tank does make me wonder.
The crazy part of all this is I haven't even put my foot down yet.
I have still got a months warranty left on the car so can take the car back in to get it checked over but can you guys advise
what if anything i should get looked at? Also if there are any members with s3 dsg's around the Heathrow area it would be good
to hear from you :)
Thanks Guys.

I know mines an S1 BUT...........

just for anyone interested due to get 330 miles out of my current tank and i could have got more, not lots more but I think 350-360 is easily achievable on a m'way run in an S1 at 75ish

367f2c33bb0b56bd6647c7d49f2036ef.jpg

Averaging 35.7MPG I'm happy with that

be6bddbb1005c69ecffbdf9fbb61e5e8.jpg