S3 Starting Problems

Hendy

Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advice my 56 plate S3 has been having problems starting and want to get it sorted asap, I will start from begining to see if it helps.

about 3 weeks ago i noticed it started to take a bit longer to 'turn over' and start, thought it might just have been the cold etc. but it got a bit worse then one morning i drove to work and when i went to leave at night it wouldnt start at all, so i bump started it to get me home. later on that night i went out to take car a run as i thought it was the battery and again it wouldnt start. fitted a new bosch silver top battery the next day and it has been fine since, then this morning it seemed to take a wee bit longer to start. i might just be paranoid but dont want it to get to the stage where it wont start etc.

would appreciate any input/ suggestions on what it could be so I could investigate etc.

Cheers,

It does sound like you may have something draining your battery or the alternator isn't charging properly.
Have you had accessories fitted to the car recently?
Does your boot light go out when the tailgates closed?
Really you need it checked to see if there is something draining the battery before it ruins your new one.

Sounds to me as if your battery is maybe on its way out... I notice mine is taking slightly longer to start, but again, i'm thinking its the cold

Hello My s3 is doing exactly the same ,i fitted a new battery and 3 weeks later it has done the same
The AA have taken it to a garage for testing and they can not find anything wrong they have checked all electics
When it doesnt start i can hear a clicking sound from the engine bay and a message on the dash saying EPC fault
Any ideas please ????

I was detailing the car last week.. 4hrs with the radio playin and not realising the heated seats were on, I went to start the car and got continuous clicks... All electrics were still working fine but no start.. Quick jump off my van and hey presto all good again...

Sounds to me if youve already charged your battery there seems to be a drain on your system somewhere or maybe your alternator isnt quite charging the way it should be... Or theres the possibility you might have been right unlucky and got a rotten new battery

thanks for the replies, tested everythin on the saturday, got 14v with heated seats etc on, my mate ran vagcom had a few errors but this seemed to be from taking the battery out the first time, re ran the vagcom and had no errors. It seems to be starting ok just a slight delay sometimes but I think i might just be paranoid now so going to see how it goes for the next few weeks before taking it to a garage for a proper check.

Thanks again.

Ive now got my S3 back from garage only for it to be taken to an Audi garage
They are saying the fault is with the alarm system slowly draining tne battery over 3/4 days
the passenger door has not been opening with the remote over the last couple of months
could this be the cause ???