Another rough idle thread

Well this is weird....just at the audi dealership getting a bolt for the dogbone and I'm sitting in the car with it idling and the car is doing its shaky thing, but then I put my hand on the gear stick and pushed up towards 3rd gear with out the clutch being pressed just to see if I could feel it through the gear stick ( which i could a little) and it actually stopped the shaking through the car, I was applying a bit of pressure but not forcing it in to gear obviously as the clutch wasn't down , so basically the shaking stops when I push up on the gear stick but then the car shakes again once I let go of gear stick.... Does this even make sense what I'm saying here?

I've not had much sleep so sorry if it sounds confusing lol

Last edited:
Just an update

I've just fitted the dogbone mount insert and so far so good, I went on a 20 min drive and I'd say its 90% better but I'm going out on a long drive in a little while so that will be the true test .

Hi new member here but got same problem as you had (when I did the 3rd gear test it stopped). Did the mounts fix your problem?