New A3 V6 Owner - A Few Questions

B120WNY

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been a silent member on here for ages, great to read through the threads. Having got rid of my A3 8l I've now acquired a 2006 A3 V6 sportback Sline!
Few issues I'd like to see if anyone has had:

Dsg box selects 2nd gear too quickly when in drive. This results in a bit of chugging at slow speeds like around car parks.

When slowing from speed to a standstill, there's sometimes a clunk from the drivetrain once stationary

There's a knock on my passenger front wheel

Any help much appreciated to sort them out

Last edited:
I would reset the dsg to factory defaults with vcds before condemning anything, but could be normal for the change up tbh, clunking is to a degree normal characteristics of the box depending on how hard & often (no jokes) & knock on the wheel could be tie rod, connecting link, bush, arm, shock etc, so needs to be lifted to have a look.

Thanks Nigel.

Ive just had it in for a DSG oil chnage and had hoped (shouldve asked) that they would reset factory defaults as the box wears away with mileage. Its just a little annoying and takes away the supposed relaxation of having an auto! Find myself putting it into manual and leaving it in first for a bit. Just makes the changes up too quickly!

The clucking too is annoying, its as if when the car stops, the box stops a spolit second later, not sure if it could be the rear diff.

The clunk/creaking at the front left will have to be sorted by process of elimination, Il try ball joint, track control, drop link and anti roll bar bush....!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…