New A3 V6 Owner - A Few Questions

B120WNY

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been a silent member on here for ages, great to read through the threads. Having got rid of my A3 8l I've now acquired a 2006 A3 V6 sportback Sline!
Few issues I'd like to see if anyone has had:

Dsg box selects 2nd gear too quickly when in drive. This results in a bit of chugging at slow speeds like around car parks.

When slowing from speed to a standstill, there's sometimes a clunk from the drivetrain once stationary

There's a knock on my passenger front wheel

Any help much appreciated to sort them out :)

Last edited:
I would reset the dsg to factory defaults with vcds before condemning anything, but could be normal for the change up tbh, clunking is to a degree normal characteristics of the box depending on how hard & often (no jokes) & knock on the wheel could be tie rod, connecting link, bush, arm, shock etc, so needs to be lifted to have a look.

Thanks Nigel.

Ive just had it in for a DSG oil chnage and had hoped (shouldve asked) that they would reset factory defaults as the box wears away with mileage. Its just a little annoying and takes away the supposed relaxation of having an auto! Find myself putting it into manual and leaving it in first for a bit. Just makes the changes up too quickly!

The clucking too is annoying, its as if when the car stops, the box stops a spolit second later, not sure if it could be the rear diff.

The clunk/creaking at the front left will have to be sorted by process of elimination, Il try ball joint, track control, drop link and anti roll bar bush....!