audi a4 tdi avant

stonecold1163

Reaction score
Hi i am thinking of buying a audi a4 avant very soon.Im looking to spend around 12,000 pounds.Could anyone please help me on the things i sould be looking out for in such a car.

Welcome to AudiSport.Net!

The first thing that comes to mind is that for £12,000, you should be thinking in terms of a B6 model, that was sold from Spring 2001 onwards. This is the forum for its predecessor, the B5 version.

The B6 forum is listed just above this one in the main menu. Maybe the moderators could move this thread onto the B6 forum, where I think you will get a lot of useful advice.

Good luck!

The only thing I can think of is the cambelt & tensioner which has to be changed every 60k miles. You'll struggle to get one with leather (if you want leather).
I bought ours 6 months ago for £9.2k on a 51 plate with 112k miles on the clock in silver and apart from another cambelt change £400 and a full leather/alcantara interior bought of ebay for £400 that's all I've spent on it in the last 15k miles (oh and there was a nasty incident on a BP forecourt where I put £15 of petrol in it, but difficult to blame the car for that).
Make sure the climate control works properly, but that's the case for any car I guess.
Oh and make sure you get the red i model 130bhp