How do I go quicker

NathanGlover

Reaction score
Okay im new to this forum and want your opinions on what I need to do to get more from my engine.

I am currently driving a 1.8t the 150 bhp model.

My current modifications are

Ko3s turbo
Ths front mounted intercooler
4mm blue vacuum hoses
Decat custom made exhaust system by powerflow
Forge splitter valve
Uprated red ignition coils and plugs
Neuspeed induction kit with heat shield
Forge turbo induction hose
4 bar fuel pressure regulator
Lightened solid mass fly wheel
race clutch

Stage 2 live rolling road remap done at AMD Essex

Currently 222.9bhp and 264.6 lb/ft

What do I need to add to get more out of it?

And I was just wondering, the exhaust never pops or bangs why is this as it is Decat.

Billet 1

:respekt:

Reactions: Dani_B19, Jay A3, StaceyS3 and 1 other person
no popping and bangs well your fueling is spot on then

there is a way to make it pop and bang tho but why oh why ?

Reactions: voorhees
^^^ what he said... bigger turbo... K03 hybrid, K04 conversion, K04-064 conversion, K04 hybrid... Garrett... etc...

The K03 s you have is pretty much maxed out... creative mapping from someone like Bill and Niki can perhaps get a little more but while the select one or two turbos (que Jardo... oh... wait!!!... ) have hit 250hp this is very very rare and pretty much on the ragged edge of reliability...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Lavis89
What turbo would you get if it was your call? And from what company?

That depends on how much HP you aim to get and how much money you want to throw into the big black hole of big turbo builds.

I would go for the TFSI K04 setup from BeachBuggy Turbo. Have a look at Prawns build as he has done the mod. I haven't seen his car in action in person but it looks like it goes well, judging by the videos I have seen

Not a straight fit for you. Plus 725 you likely need to supply a k04 for them to hybrid. If your going hybrid id ask beachbuggy as he has a very solid rep. K03 hybrid would be using your existing turbo.

Theres an aweful lot involved in a big turbo just for your information. May pay you to research a lot. Whats your power aim and budget?

I want around the 300-320 bhp mark and well money wise how much in total should it cost?

sorry to hijack but what extra work is involve in a KO3 hybrid. always said im not intrested in upping my turbo but the itch is getting worse...

I'm young and insurance won't touch me for a reasonable figure on an s3. With all mods declared on this its so much cheaper

1st you need a budget
2nd you look at what that budget will get you in both parts and BHP
3rd you decide what is the easiest/simplest of the above
4th you go ahead with it and realise how easily that budget is broken

And 5th, if it goes ahead and you complete it, you realise how worthwhile it all was

Reactions: Jay A3
I feel your pain.
I got my TQS with all mods declared insured for £600 fully comp, S3 was going to cost me over a grand without any mods (think the cheapest i got it down to was just under 1100, with a 3000 mile policy). insurance sucks.

It would pos still work out cheaper To change car
New turbo
Injectors
Bigger maf
Con rods would he very wise
While your doing rods youd want piston rings bearing etc.
Labour unless you diy of course.

Cars at it limit without spending loads which will probably outweigh a s3 and insurance in my mind

If you're young and s3 insurance is too high having a car over 200bhp should be happy with

But if you want to be quicker, lighter wheels and strip out the interior :)

Good luck. But I was there once always wanting more from my car but appreciate the car and save for a year whilst insurance might go down a year on