HELP! Can anyone fix this please?!

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Removed alarm siren, opened up, bought all the bits as per the guide, but my board is shot! The battery has leaked for some time, probably years.

Resistor and fuse? has burnt out on the top right corner of the pic and the battery terminals have led the battery acid onto the board and attacked a few components. Fair to say this alarm won't work anymore. People on eBay want a small fortune for an alarm that MAY be in the same condition as mine so not sure if I want to go that route?

Will have to buy some of these and use them as my alarm for the time being!

lol.

Dan

ebay for a second hand unit

That board is shot, you have no idea what the acid has done to the tracks or the other components on the board in the affected area. Ebay, beakers or new alarm is the only option.

Nope, b5 had a horn setup, later facelift models had an alarm siren but i have no idea if they are the same... I am breaking a few cars including a few b5, c5 a6 and audi a4 b6... Let me look for one tomorrow, might have one somewhere...

Nope, b5 had a horn setup, later facelift models had an alarm siren but i have no idea if they are the same... I am breaking a few cars including a few b5, c5 a6 and audi a4 b6... Let me look for one tomorrow, might have one somewhere...

Ok cheers Chris, Saves me a trip to the scrap yard as they only have B5's in.

Dan

What's the part number of the old siren ? Any picture of the connector side ?