2019 Audi A3.....

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
Couple of impressions for ya,notice the Clam shell bonnet...not a fan of this,but the *** does look good,anyone else got other images of the forth coming car?
Audi a3 rearquarter copy 2019
Audi a3 frontquarter 2019

Reactions: Ian66, Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
@jassyo06 - That rear end looks very mk3 Seat Leon'ish IMHO

iu

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
@jassyo06 - That rear end looks very mk3 Seat Leon'ish IMHO

iu

Its known as a spot of design meddling between VAG.....car designers and l bet ye they are all sat in the same design office...contemplating how to get one design quirk approved over each other......

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Bristle Hound
Shinier paint on the Audi tho' ...
lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
The lights look like they are from an Astra.
Upload 2017 11 2 20 50 18

Reactions: Bristle Hound and KenL
The lights look like they are from an Astra.
View attachment 140579
This.

Was thinking myself it looks like an Astra GTC from the back before I even got to your comment.

If the next A3 range looks like that fan artwork then I'll be happy to hold onto my current S3 lol

Reactions: Pook
@RVP20 so much nicer than the FL don't you agree :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I usually try to ignore these Photoshop images.

Makers are usually pretty good at keeping their actual cars under wraps.

Reactions: glospete and Tom.H
Front end looks a lot like an A1

Really dislike the look of new the Audi’s (A6, A7, A6) all yet to be released.

With you on the A1 front end @AudiNutta. That bonnet/wing seam gap is very A1, but at least they carried it into the door this time.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Clamshell bonnet is a good pedestrian friendly solution and saves on counter measures like the pyrotechnic exploding deployable hinges on the 8V.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

Wtf you don't like the all new A7 it's a stunning piece of kit and that new front and rear light signature is just off the scale
Oh sorry
......... But l am almost certain when it gets a RS designation..... You'll love it cough cough lol

Reactions: Rayner_1704

Sour grapes AN ;)

TX.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Jassyo06
Wtf you don't like the all new A7 it's a stunning piece of kit and that new front and rear light signature is just off the scale
Oh sorry
......... But l am almost certain when it gets a RS designation..... You'll love it cough cough lol

Nope I've already seen the RS7 sketch, don't like it.

Pathetically large grill, its about 4-5ft wide!! I just don't like the shape of the new designs, too futuristic...

The touch screens move is juts horrendous.

Sour grapes AN ;)

TX.

Not exactly lmao! The A3 above looks odd, what was wrong with a chunky looking car.
Maybe they will look better in person, like the A5 wasn't as bad as I thought but I'm still not a fan.
The new A4 however is nice, that looks sharp.
The A3 flare into the doors is just silly, like someone's pan ran out for the side of the car.

It's a completely new model, not a facelift, so will look significantly different to the current model.

Clamshell bonnet is a good pedestrian friendly solution and saves on counter measures like the pyrotechnic exploding deployable hinges on the 8V.
What does it do for pedestrians? I'm confused haha

Reactions: Rob2k68
What does it do for pedestrians? I'm confused haha

It opens before impact..... swallows them up....and keeps them all warm and fuzzy inside the engine....bay....lol

That's you sorted...eh....??

Reactions: SamR92, Jcbmally, GW1 and 4 others
perfect, current PCP will be 6 months from end of term.......New S3 Saloon or Cayman....decsions decsions

Cayman ya Rich.... Barsteward.....lol.....Us....2 .....? A pair eh S3 saloon addicts now me thinks..Although still have that wee itch for a RS3 Saloon....lol

Reactions: Daveotto
Well looking at Jassy's lead off pic. Too much to throw darts at, the crease/cut lines above the wheels, as one example. That clam shell bonnet does not look practical as far as opening and when will Audi employ a decent wheel designer.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Well looking at Jassy's lead off pic. Too much to throw darts at, the crease/cut lines above the wheels, as one example. That clam shell bonnet does not look practical as far as opening and when will Audi employ a decent wheel designer.

lt's only a mock up mate,like i said its just a artists impression, but it being a German car.....the Apples dont fall that far from the design tree, has anyone else found other images

Reactions: Flying Scotsman
It opens before impact..... swallows them up....and keeps them all warm and fuzzy inside the engine....bay....lol

That's you sorted...eh....??
Hahahaaaaaa :D Sorted.

Personally I'm much more interested in the inside and and the latest MMI than what it will look like from the outside. I look at and use use the interior far more than the outside which will not change that much from the existing A3.

Reactions: SamR92 and The Challinor
Yeah in showrooms late 2019/early 2020,A3 should be here May 2019

& that’s exactly what may push me down the route of a Merc A45 AMG.

New S3 will be approx 1 year too late for me & doubt 15% discount will be possible for initial batch of cars.

For delivery March 19 new platform Merc would be perfect.

I’ll need convincing though as considered one for my last 2 cars.

2013 went in Merc showroom, sat in a regular A class, felt claustrophobic & didn’t like scratchy cheap plastics. Did not have a test drive & went down the road to my usual Audi dealer - test drove an S5 and loved it.
Estoril blue pup ordered :)

2015 went to Merc again - sat in a showroom car & still didn’t gel with it. No test drive. Went to Audi & ordered an RS3 lol :)

Reactions: GW1 and Jassyo06
& that’s exactly what may push me down the route of a Merc A45 AMG.

New S3 will be approx 1 year too late for me & doubt 15% discount will be possible for initial batch of cars.

For delivery March 19 new platform Merc would be perfect.

I’ll need convincing though as considered one for my last 2 cars.

2013 went in Merc showroom, sat in a regular A class, felt claustrophobic & didn’t like scratchy cheap plastics. Did not have a test drive & went down the road to my usual Audi dealer - test drove an S5 and loved it.
Estoril blue pup ordered :)

2015 went to Merc again - sat in a showroom car & still didn’t gel with it. No test drive. Went to Audi & ordered an RS3 lol :)

I dont have any regrets going for the face lift Saloon mate, to me it feels almost like a totally different car inside mainly because how l specced it, and externally it is a totally different car having had the Sportback previously,when l got the sportback in 2015 straight after that Audi Launched the RS3 and l really regretted not knowing that before l chose the S3 because l wanted one so badly like you know but it wasnt to be sadly,l thought long and hard about the face lift RS3 but the real desire to have one had passed,Mercs not my cup of tea at all mate l would have a BMW before a Merc,next car for is gonna a be a Cabriolet of sorts yeah go topless...lol l have had coupes,hatchbacks now a Saloon........so S3 convertible or BMW convertible with a huge discount from my son....lol,Jordan could have got me a huge specced Individual leather and colour New 540i for the same money l spent on the S3 but the car is too large for myself, but the all new Z4.....looking forward to seeing this car

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I dont have any regrets going for the face lift Saloon mate, to me it feels almost like a totally different car inside mainly because how l specced it, and externally it is a totally different car having had the Sportback previously,when l got the sportback in 2015 straight after that Audi Launched the RS3 and l really regretted not knowing that before l chose the S3 because l wanted one so badly like you know but it wasnt to be sadly,l thought long and hard about the face lift RS3 but the real desire to have one had passed,Mercs not my cup of tea at all mate l would have a BMW before a Merc,next car for is gonna a be a Cabriolet of sorts yeah go topless...lol l have had coupes,hatchbacks now a Saloon........so S3 convertible or BMW convertible with a huge discount from my son....lol,Jordan could have got me a huge specced Individual leather and colour New 540i for the same money l spent on the S3 but the car is too large for myself, but the all new Z4.....looking forward to seeing this car

Yeah if I was taking delivery now - even March next year - I would have a face lift in a heart beat ... but 1.5 years from its gonna be edging dangerously close to the end of its life & once I see those brand new platform S3’s a year later I could be faced with a tough 2 years - so timing won’t be great for me.

The sensible thing would be to keep the RS3 one extra year till the new S3 is out - but then I’m outa warranty & I’ll get itchy feet & want a new car regardless after 3 years. Maybe I’ll go S4 but not sure what else there will be in the Audi range for me then ?

I really like the current BMW 6 series but thats way too big for me too.

Merc C class AMG is turning my head I must say & then like I say new Merc A will be out this time next year.