2016 8V A3/S3 Facelift Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audi are very clever as all this waiting & delaying will create a waiting list from day 1 as customers join a new queue to order the facelift.

That will then enable Dealers to offer minimal discounts for the early launch phase. This will be for the A3 / S3 & RS3 IMO.

Factor in all the new goodies to order such as virtual dash, matrix lights, new alloys ? etc and the prices are gonna be pretty tasty too.

Interested to see what they do eventually do though but suspect it will be just lights front & rear & light cosmetic changes inside & out. Power increases would be nice but tbh aren't the current cars quick enough lol :)

Reactions: richinsoton and Jassyo06
Audi are very clever as all this waiting & delaying will create a waiting list from day 1 as customers join a new queue to order the facelift.

That will then enable Dealers to offer minimal discounts for the early launch phase. This will be for the A3 / S3 & RS3 IMO.

Factor in all the new goodies to order such as virtual dash, matrix lights, new alloys ? etc and the prices are gonna be pretty tasty too.

Interested to see what they do eventually do though but suspect it will be just lights front & rear & light cosmetic changes inside & out. Power increases would be nice but tbh aren't the current cars quick enough lol :)

Yeah exactly mate build up a waiting list supply and demand,but am l sticking by info,the RS3 Sportback will be the last model to get a wee change lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Am gonna wait for facelift..then buy PFL RS3. bound to get loads of discount..

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yeah exactly mate build up a waiting list supply and demand,but am l sticking by info,the RS3 Sportback will be the last model to get a wee change lol

The RS3 will be updated with MY17 at the same time as A3/S3.

The RS3 will be updated with MY17 at the same time as A3/S3.
I tend to agree. I cannot see Audi wanting to make two different bodies, all be it with only minor changes, for the A3/S3 and RS3. The bodies are all pressed and put together using the same presses and robots.

I had an email from my dealer this morning. He has emailed Audi UK this morning and had a reply to say that the information about the MY17 A3 will be sent to him "within the next 14 days".

Reactions: cuke2u
Hi Folks - first post for me! I have just placed an order for a A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport Stronic in Misano Red - only option I have chosen is cruise control (cant believe that a car so expensive does not come with that as standard - my Hyundai i10 costing less than half that has it and also has LED drl's which the A3 does not have either!) - I have been told it is subject to an approx. 4 month delivery wait. No mention was made of PFL or FL, so I am going to contact them to clarify! Also, at what point in the order process does the order become "locked" - just in case I wish to add anything further? I did receive about a 17% saving off list price though so must not grumble too much!
I would have waited for the new models to see what they offer and if they dont offer anything good over the existing audi, then you could still buy the previous model possibly even cheaper.

Anyways i spoke to a audi dealer and it seems that audi are a few weeks away from announcing the new A3 range.

It is worth waiting just to see what they offer

Funnily enough the dealer said to me about my order that they will update me in 2 weeks time so I guess that ties in with them getting the info from Audi

I would have waited for the new models to see what they offer and if they dont offer anything good over the existing audi, then you could still buy the previous model possibly even cheaper.

Anyways i spoke to a audi dealer and it seems that audi are a few weeks away from announcing the new A3 range.

It is worth waiting just to see what they offer
The only problem with that approach will be finding a car to the specification you want. It would have to be one a dealer has in stock or already has on order because the factory are no longer accepting orders for the MY16 model.

The only problem with that approach will be finding a car to the specification you want. It would have to be one a dealer has in stock or already has on order because the factory are no longer accepting orders for the MY16 model.
You cant find a car with your specification now actually.

i forgot to add that the spec i wanted for an a3, ie electronic wing mirriors, comfy pack, B&O Sound system and either red or blue colour are not available anymore anywhere in the UK and dealers are unable to make new build orders anymore for A3 sportsback at least.

Audi simply not making anymore A3's now for this current gen.

These are huge signs that Audi are about to launch a new line.

If i cant get the spec i want i might as well wait for the new lines to come out.

TBH i have never had a nice car and im 31. its long overdue. i have always driven bangers like nissan micra's which do the job id say but its time for me to grow up and treat myself as over the past 10 years of my current career, i have worked hard to get where i am today where i can buy a 25k car outright.

i am excited and a bit inpatient!

Reactions: h1r4
You'll have a little bit longer to wait, but not too long. If Audi give details on the MY17 A3 in the next 14 days then you will be able to place an order. Production of the MY17 models will begin around 1 June with the first deliveries to the UK probably around September. I have an A3 at the moment and will be looking to place an order for a new one in 6 or so months time. Exactly which model will depend on the models they decide to make available in the UK.

You'll have a little bit longer to wait, but not too long. If Audi give details on the MY17 A3 in the next 14 days then you will be able to place an order. Production of the MY17 models will begin around 1 June with the first deliveries to the UK probably around September. I have an A3 at the moment and will be looking to place an order for a new one in 6 or so months time. Exactly which model will depend on the models they decide to make available in the UK.
I doubt it. Productions have already begun I imagine on some build configuration

Had a phone call from Audi UK today....
All they said was that they are getting a lot of calls and e mails asking about the face lift A3. Their official reply is that it is imminent...They also stated that they have not been given the official start date for the face lift from Germany.. They also joked that they are the last to know on any information regarding launch dates and face lifts...:shrug:
Read into that what you will??
So the 'saga' continues...lol
This is a copy of the E mail they sent me....
From… Audi UK Customer Services

Subject: AU-2016/03-046207

Dear Mr Burville

Thank you for your recent email and interest in the Audi A3.

I have spoken to our Product Marketing Department on your behalf and they have confirmed there are currently no details of when
the A3 face lift model will be released. However, as these model changes are often kept confidential until officially launched,
Audi UK, as the importer, is not always aware of exact details or release dates.

Once the information is announced to the general public, all details will be available on our website: www.audi.co.uk and via
our network of Audi Centres.

If you have any questions about the current range, your local Audi Centre Sales Team will be happy to help. They can also advise
on current A3 stock cars which are currently available. You can find a list of all the Audi Centres in the UK at www.audi.co.uk.

Should you have any further questions or need help with anything else, please contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

Scott S Lee
Customer Relations Advisor
Audi UK
T 0800 699 888
E Customer.Services@audi.co.uk

I think this thread should just be closed for 14 days to stop all the repetition :p

It's interesting to read mind you ;)

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06 and pburv

Wooopy doo for you

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, Simon L and 1 other person
Is it me? or this thread......l keep on getting that Groundhog day feeling........people keep posting the same old same old cack

Reactions: Soulboy, S3 Turbo, pburv and 3 others
Is it me? or this thread......l keep on getting that Groundhog day feeling........people keep posting the same old same old cack

Reactions: gordie1973, jonneymendoza, S3 Turbo and 7 others
Better than silly 'gifs'

Reactions: cuke2u
Better than silly 'gifs'

Lol ye get more sense out of some gifs than you do with some member's on here.....lol

Edit jassy l think you'll find l post on all sorts of topics on this forum,am just a breathing walking Audi encyclopedia lol yeah l post gifs but l post far more knowledgeable gash on other topics more than most on here

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Simon L
I can appreciate interest for the face lift but I can the frustration too at no news.

It was the same for me 3 years ago when I was waiting for news on when the S3 would become available to order.
I gave up in the end and ordered an S5.

A few years later, I ordered the RS3 and the car feels totally fresh & new to me, so it all kinda worked out.
Had I got an S3, then I'm sure some aspects of the RS3 would feel very similar.

Either way, I am very happy with the pre-facelift as it is and think its a superb car.
Whilst I am still interested to see what Audi do with the facelift, I'm glad I'm not part of the current waiting game.
It was bad enough waiting for the car to be built, after placing an order, never mind waiting for news before I could start officially waiting :)

By the time I re-order, the face lift will be well into its life cycle, no doubt black editions will be available as well as good discounts and possibly even short waiting lists :yes:

Reactions: Baldyone, pburv, Kugaman1 and 3 others
I can appreciate interest for the face lift but I can the frustration too at no news.

It was the same for me 3 years ago when I was waiting for news on when the S3 would become available to order.
I gave up in the end and ordered an S5.

A few years later, I ordered the RS3 and the car feels totally fresh & new to me, so it all kinda worked out.
Had I got an S3, then I'm sure some aspects of the RS3 would feel very similar.

Either way, I am very happy with the pre-facelift as it is and think its a superb car.
Whilst I am still interested to see what Audi do with the facelift, I'm glad I'm not part of the current waiting game.
It was bad enough waiting for the car to be built, after placing an order, never mind waiting for news before I could start officially waiting :)

By the time I re-order, the face lift will be well into its life cycle, no doubt black editions will be available as well as good discounts and possibly even short waiting lists :yes:

Aye mate, Audi are a bunch of Barstewards...from start to finish,so are all car makers come face lift time,and latch on to it,Ford.."Local Dealer "quoted me last year for a Brand new face lifted "just out" £30k Focus ST3..£467 a month,with a £5k deposit over 3 years...wtf

Wonder how many new potential buyers of the face lift A3/S3 will be scared off, when they see how little discount they will get and of course the basic price of one.l reckon a basic S3 door manual will start at around £32,600 easily,as will all options, there prices will rise as well

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin

Wonder what the delay on this is going to be?

We have just placed an order today for a A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport S Tronic (actually a new/revised order after a problem with the original order placed on Monday). We were advised that as the quota of car builds had been used up by the dealer, that our car would be a facelift model and should be ready in 3-4 months time - I am a touch sceptical about that though in view of other conflicting posts about this subject!

Reactions: pburv
We have just placed an order today for a A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport S Tronic (actually a new/revised order after a problem with the original order placed on Monday). We were advised that as the quota of car builds had been used up by the dealer, that our car would be a facelift model and should be ready in 3-4 months time - I am a touch sceptical about that though in view of other conflicting posts about this subject!
If you are in a hurry in getting your car then I feel sorry for you, but if not then don't worry about it and enjoy the fact that you are having the facelift model...:footy:
On a different note ...The missus has just taken delivery this week on a Seat Leon FR 1.4 DSG(STronic) same engine as yours and I can tell you it won't disappoint you runs really sweet...:salute:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
My motherinlaw is picking up the 1.4cod stronic saloon I cancelled at the end of the month , I am kicking myself now I cancelled it ! Look forward to having a go and seeing what the 1.4 is like , gets a lot of favourable comments .

Beijing Auto Show begins April 25. Last opportunity for a new release at a major show until September.

Beijing Auto Show begins April 25. Last opportunity for a new release at a major show until September.

We should let Audi know ;)

Reactions: Dave-o and pburv
Dont think anything is "concrete" .....

Certainly doesn't seem to be when Audi AG decides to shut up shop for a few weeks. It's actually a little irritating to have a new car on order, yet not have a clue what it looks like, or what's been changed from the car I actually bought...

Reactions: pburv and lou15p
Certainly doesn't seem to be when Audi AG decides to shut up shop for a few weeks. It's actually a little irritating to have a new car on order, yet not have a clue what it looks like, or what's been changed from the car I actually bought...
I'm sure when your car arrives you will be pleased with it...:yes:
I agree with you regarding being kept in the dark though..:concern:

Reactions: lou15p
I'm sure when your car arrives you will be pleased with it...:yes:
I agree with you regarding being kept in the dark though..:concern:

I'm sure I will, after all it's pretty much exactly the same as the existing one, but there's always the danger that Audi"s stylists might over egg the "bling" a bit to much a produce a real gopper in which case it's back to square one. I'm trusting in the usual Audi "evolution not revolution" a bit here!

Being in the dark is annoying, but not as annoying as being delayed, and having to alter plans to sell the existing car because I may now need it. It also means that there is a distinct potential that I won't have the car in time for my trip to LeMans in June.

So when does the plant shut down for re-tooling?
That's often a clue.

The British motor show is in May this year and Audi are attending so your never know!

The British show is little more than a village fete in comparison to both its former glory and the other big shows.

In the grand days of the Earl's Court show they had 60,000 m2 to play with. When it was at ExCeL they had 100,000m2 to fill. Even the recent classic car show managed to fill about 70% of this.

In comparison to those shows, the 4000m2 available at Battersea is minuscule.

So when does the plant shut down for re-tooling?
That's often a clue.
In the ETKA parts catalogue it shows the new Model Year VIN numbers starting on 1 June each year.

Surely when you can't order a custom spec of an a3 is a good sign that they are looking to announce soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.