2010 A3 SB S Line Suspension

PincherA6

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wifes A3 was in for Service recently and a few things were picked up that will need attention at some point soon. One of the rear shocks is leaking. Are the shocks on the A3s all the same? The car is a 2010 1.4 tfsi A3 Sportback S Line S-Tronic. I know the S Line has lower stiffer suspension but is that just springs or different shocks too. And can anybody recommend any shocks, standard types not expensive ones as my wife wouldn't know the difference.

TIA.

Colin

I’d fit the correct ones for the car mate especially if you’re only doing the rears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d fit the correct ones for the car mate especially if you’re only doing the rears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but when I'm looking for the correct shocks are they specific S Line or are SE/Sport/S Line all the same shocks. When checking the internet it is quite confusing and not many specifically mention the S Line.

Colin.

My A3 (2006 2.0 TDI S-line Sportback ) had new Genuine rear shocks fitted in 2014 and the part number supplied was 1K0 513 029HQ.
I replaced all of the suspension this year (couldn’t take the rock-hard ride any longer although I believe it is the factory springs that were the culprit) and the Bilstein B4 OE -replacement shocks I fitted had a Bilstein part number 19-127439.

https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/products/19-127439

You can change just one shock to a new OE one, preferably both the rears. If going for a different brand then you should change all four.
To answer your original question they are all different shocks depending on the A3 model and engine. Have a look on one of the rear shocks, the white label with the part number should still be visible, I can still see mine on a 2010 A3. Failing that the main dealer partsman will know from your reg number.

S Line shocks are different to Sport and SE and only main dealers can supply them.