radiator removal

S3_chris 11

Reaction score
Since trying to get my car booked into a garage to have the radiator done, im finding out that no1 wants to do the work as its such a big job and they all need atleast 5days to do it or will charge me an astronomical amount, neither of which I have or can have my car off the road for that amount of time. I have booked this weekend off work to do it myself. There is absolutely no way I can get the fans off the back of the radiator without taking the front end completely off as there simply isnt the space between the engine and slam panel.

So my question to u guys is, what torx bit do I need to undo the top bolts on the slam panel as im gonna have to borrow from work. And after that all thats holding the slam panel to the car is the bolts for the bumper support bar? I can't really remember as its nearly been a year since I last took it off.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys

Thanks

Personally I'd take the whole front end off, it doesn't take as long as you might think. The issues I had when I removed my engine was when it came to getting all the air out of the rad system once new coolant had been put into it. I wouldn't class it as a big job for a proper garage though!