Factory Tour

Curlybob

Reaction score
Just returned from our driving holiday to Austria which included on the way back a detour to take in the Audi Factory tour in Ingolstadt. An excellent day out and as with most things Audi extremely well done. We had a 2 hour tour of the A3 production line and saw A3's in as they say "all the colours and all the sizes". The majority of the cars when we visited seem to be Sportbacks and there were quite a few S3's. It was incredible to see how the cars are made and learn of the lengths they go to to ensure that the A3 is a top quality product.

If you get the chance go see.

Booked it online via Audi.com or just search Audi Factory Tours. Very reasonably priced - I think it was only about 26 Euros for two adults and two kids and you can easily spend a whole day at the site as it has a great museum, car collection area, shops and reasonably priced places eat.

Oh wow I bet that was interesting! Any pics? Also wonder what build week you visited as you may have spotted some of our cars being built :D

I have been told that You used to be able to actually pick you car up from the factory in person, not sure if you can do that any more though

Unfortunately you are not allowed to take pictures in the factory which I suppose is understandable. One of the other people on the tour asked the Audi guide would we see a RS3 on the production line and she just smiled and said "not today". We were at the factory on Monday 5th August but I'm not sure what build week this represents. There were certainly quite a few RHD cars on the line and lots were black in colour.

I think you can if you live in Germany or Austria but I'm not sure about UK buyers. There were lots of people collecting their cars on the day we visited including two people taking the keys of what appeared identical glacier white S-line Sportbacks.

Hmm that reaction to the RS3 sounds interesting ;)
Can understand no pics. August 5th would have been build week 32, mine was the week before so would have been sitting with the hundreds of others there awaiting transport lol

I have been told that You used to be able to actually pick you car up from the factory in person, not sure if you can do that any more though

I think you can only pick up R8's now from the factory