Grey plastics on S3 colour?

s3 Hoggy

Whats going on???
Reaction score
Does anybody know a paint code or colour for the grey bumper inserts and door trims on an S3? I bored and fancy sanding down my splitter so it's smooth and spraying it to match!

Does anybody know a paint code or colour for the grey bumper inserts and door trims on an S3? I bored and fancy sanding down my splitter so it's smooth and spraying it to match!

I'm going to be swapping my grey insert over to a new bumper next week so if its written somewhere on the back of it then i will let you know :)

Cheers mate, I was hoping to do it today as I'm so bored!

You know what Westy I was just this second thinking that! Maybe ill just scrap this idea then! Ha! I just love the way kev's looks

My splitter is smooth satin black, i have to do it once a year.

And the grey plastics aren't painted, they're just grey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I've given up cos it's pouring with rain now. I removed it gave it a quick clean up and refitted it better. I'm thinking maybe just leave it as its covered in scratches now but you don't realy notice them. I'm thinking of buying another to play with and if I'm happy ill put it on

I did the rear bumper insert in matte black whilst the weather was good last week, the grey had become discoloured over time near the exhaust.. plan is to do the front grille and front bumper insert in the same colour when I fit a FMIC :)

Sprayed Matte Black. by adamleerusse, on Flickr

That looks good did you remove the insert or spray it in the bumper?

Thanks!

removed the bumper using this guide... (thanks jojo)
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/116774-how-remove-rear-bumper.html

I managed to remove the rear bumper by reversing up a set of ramps though and not removing the wheels, that saved a little bit of time.

Once the bumper is off there's little rubber clips all the way round on the inside, push these in.. once you've gone that the grey insert should just push out of the bumper. I didn't sand down the plastic as I thought it would scratch it, so just wiped it with IPA many many times, grey primer then about 6 - 7 coats of matte black.

My rear bumper insert wasn't looking too good as it looked faded and had water marks on it. So I attacked it with some Scratch X paste which restored it to its former grey then applied some Autoglym Bumper and Trim gel - looks like new now. When washing the car I just go over the panel again with the gel.