S3 boosting problem

silo1714

Reaction score
Hi,
im new to this site and iv just got an 2000 palte s3 quattro turbo. it dosn't seem that fast its standard apart from a k&n filter with a heat shield.It has a boost gauge and with full throttle its showing 0.5 bar is this right? or do i have a problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

many thanks

simon

sounds like it could be on actuator pressure, check the hoses and wiring around the n75 and that its plugged in the correct way as a starting point

Thanks for the help its going in to the garage on Saturday to be checked over so il get him to check everything you said and plug the handheld computer in to see if any faults come up.

Its defiantly not pulling as it should i struggled to keep up with my mates zafira gsi turbo off the lights last night

il post the results after iv been to the garage

Thanks again

simon

Hi guys iv had the s3 into the garage today and plugged into the computer no fault codes came up and none were stored. iv check al the hoses and couldn't find anything wrong.

its still only boosting at 0.6 bar anything else i can try im getting really frustrated any help will be very much appreciated

Thanks

Simon

What did they use to scan it? not all generic tools pick up VAG fault codes...

0.5bar is typically actuator pressure but its now boosting to 0.6bar? I would suggest logging with VCDS to see what the actual boost request is and what its producing... how are you measuring boost? if using a gauge maybe the gauge is under reading? logging with VCDS will confirm whats 'actually' happening...

<tuffty/>

What did they use to scan it? not all generic tools pick up VAG fault codes...

0.5bar is typically actuator pressure but its now boosting to 0.6bar? I would suggest logging with VCDS to see what the actual boost request is and what its producing... how are you measuring boost? if using a gauge maybe the gauge is under reading? logging with VCDS will confirm whats 'actually' happening...

<tuffty/>

I have just been reading some threads on this problem and it was suggested to disconnect the n75 electric plug to see if that made any difference.

I have just been out and disconnected what im quit sure was the right lead (im not very mechanically minded) i took it up the road and it was worse only boosting at about 0.25-0.3 bar does this mean anything to anyone???

Im from the Bristol area does anyone know somewhere i can take the s3 that can sort this problem for me

Thanks for all the help

Simon