Is this Brilliant Black or Phantom Black?

law0501

Reaction score
So I know I want to get a black sportback...question is which black? Brilliant or Phantom?
Came across some pictures and I really like the black in those. Could anyone tell me which black that is?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• audi_a3_sportback_prezentacja_w_580x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy (2).jpg
    audi_a3_sportback_prezentacja_w_580x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy (2).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 463
  • audi_a3_sportback_prezentacja_w_580x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy (1).jpg
    audi_a3_sportback_prezentacja_w_580x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy (1).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,066
  • audi_a3_sportback_prezentacja_w_580x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy.jpg
    audi_a3_sportback_prezentacja_w_580x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 385
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're unlikely to find someone who would bet their mortgage on it. What I will say is that I'm uploading some photos just now of my new Brilliant Black and I'm definitely pleased I didn't pay the extra half a grand - it's as reflective as the loch I was parked next to. I'll edit this once the photos are up shortly.

Two days after taking delivery I went on the Motorway that night it was filthy!.....I had a bit of a read up on this forum regarding keeping it clean etc, I bought one of those Life Shine PDI kits from Ebay only cost a £5 anyway I applied it last Friday when the weather wasn't too bad....did a long Motorway trip again yesterday and it seems like the dirt doesn't adhere to the paint work "it's still shining today" a little dust but shining! you can feel the smoothnes of the protectant on the paintwork

I see. Was it easy to apply?
Read on some forums that it only lasts around 2 weeks if done badly.

To go back to the OP's question about comparing blacks, I've stuck some photos of my Brilliant Black S-Line on the photo thread. I don't think you ever get a sense of the paintwork from a static picture, though, so I took some video clips and stuck them together as well. The exterior stuff is mostly in the second half. It might be worth clicking on the cog at the bottom and making sure it's playing at at least 720p to see the shine properly:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: law0501
Thanks Selar. Yeah I saw your photos on the other thread.
Very nice. After watching your video I think Brilliant Black is the one I want - save myself £500 so I can get advanced key :laugh:

Read a post on here earlier, that even the dealer advised a customer that if you're getting black then Brilliant Black is sufficient.

I'd add that two dealers have said to two of us that the flat black is a slightly softer paint, so be extra careful if you're planning to invest in a really good cleaning regime that you don't grind any dirt into it.