Car feels a little vague on the rear... ideas??

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Now the snow has cleared and ive found a new love for the car i have been inclined to "push on " a little on a couple of local roads i enjoy and im notice the rear seems a little off, i mean like it takes a split second to react to what the front is doing. My first thought was tyre preasure... they are 32 psi thats right isnt it for 18s?
The car has R32 rear bar, KW tie bars, Koni coil overs ( rear dampers are on half setting)
The front has poly bushed wishbones that i modded about 18 month ago to give adjustment to correct the camber .
Where should i look for my problems?? Try and stiffen the rear dampers???
Both the springs are ok, What else could it be????

34psi seems to ring a bell with 225/40/18's... worth playing with pressures as handling is subjective at best... the R32 rear ARB will make the car a little more tial happy and do you know what the cambers of the rears are? (I am assuming you have adjustable tie bars)... if the camber is too much this can effect its stability..

22mm front and 19mm rear ARB's seem to make the handling more neutral from what I have read... the R32 front is 23mm so should (in theory) bring the handling bias nearer to factory understeer setting...

<tuffty/>

Worn Trailing arm bushes... makes the car feel dead and unerving at the back

I was just about to mention this. My car feels like its crabbing sideways slightly from time to time. Really need to sort out the trailing arm bushes.

Oh and it has done the same on 18" wheels running 235/40 and 17" wheels 225/45.

The camber on the car was set to just ( 0.5 degree) over factory spec ,
the car felt far more responsive a while back when I had the arb fitted. Just recently it's felt off

Trailing arm bush's the big ones in the alloy arm the suspension pivots on?
Sorry if that sounds stupid. im just trying to work out where to start.

Do people replace with standard items or is there an upgrade people go for/ avoid?