Newbie here, opinions please?

Grae W

Reaction score
Just bought a 51 plate A3 1.8 T Sport in Ebony black - cost £1100

FSH, 126k on the clock, cambelt done in 2010 (15k miles ago), and very recent clutch change too.

Full black leather interior, and Bose system.

I thought £1100 was a pretty reasonable price.

A few paintwork scratches and scuffs, but nothing that won't repair and/or buff out.

Fantastic drive too, plenty of pull all through the gears.

FB_IMG_13630944114578224_zps94948424.jpg

fa5e79e7-349c-47c6-aa9c-b29fe72eb6d2_zps1a7ed49d.jpg

FB_IMG_13630944987002373_zpsd4c01b52.jpg

nice and cheap is this fitted with the K03s turbo if so uve done extremely well.

welcome to ASN

I want to upgrade the Double Din Symphony stereo, although reading through the boards, it seems problematic!

what block you got you can find this on your cam cover 3 letters EG AUM , AGU

what block you got you can find this on your cam cover 3 letters EG AUM , AGU

Cam cover shows AUM. Is this significant?

Just ran a Fault Code check on the car via TorquePRO. Only thing showing up is P0171 Bank 1, too lean. Will have to look into that.

Going to change its fluids and filters at the weekend. Paperwork says they were done this time last year, so due for a change.

you want some good news?

haha well here it is AUM comes with the K03s Turbo which will see you with some mods FMIC, Decat, Exhaust, Intake, will take you to 225-250 BHP

a simple remap will get you to 200bhp right now.

unfortunatly the K03s runs really hot so if you want anymore power FMIC is the next step

Last edited:
Private purchase. I went there still expecting to find something 'wrong' with it, as all my research seemed to suggest £1100 was a bit on the generous side for a 51 plate. But it all looks good bar some light scratches (possibly someone tried to key it, but its not deep), and a two inch blob taken out of the paintwork on the rear bumper. Nothing that can't be repaired with a Halfords touch-up kit. Its 12 years old so I'm not worried about the odd blemish.

Mechanically she's solid. Tyres on the 5mm mark, interior and electrics in great shape. And still got 3mths tax and test.

The diagnostic check P0171 showed she's running a bit lean, which suggests a split vacuum hose somewhere, but I'll live with that for now. When the weather picks up a bit, I'll investigate a bit further...

On the whole, its beginning to look like a decent purchase.

Private purchase. I went there still expecting to find something 'wrong' with it, as all my research seemed to suggest £1100 was a bit on the generous side for a 51 plate. But it all looks good bar some light scratches (possibly someone tried to key it, but its not deep), and a two inch blob taken out of the paintwork on the rear bumper. Nothing that can't be repaired with a Halfords touch-up kit. Its 12 years old so I'm not worried about the odd blemish.

Mechanically she's solid. Tyres on the 5mm mark, interior and electrics in great shape. And still got 3mths tax and test.

The diagnostic check P0171 showed she's running a bit lean, which suggests a split vacuum hose somewhere, but I'll live with that for now. When the weather picks up a bit, I'll investigate a bit further...

On the whole, its beginning to look like a decent purchase.
yes you've been lucky an awesome car for the money congrats

help it breath both intake and exhaust and keep it cool, and best power will be achieved when mapped... when you get to that bit if thats your plan.