Car Delivered Yesterday - REJECTED

spandexx

Reaction score
****** waiting 12 ****** weeks for my new Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport and they deliver it with 3 of my 6 specified options missing (£700 quids worth) and a big ****** scratch on the front. I have simply rejected it, I sent the drivers back to Audi.

To be fair it was not Audi’s fault (other than the scratch), it was my useless leasing firm ordering the wrong car.

I have to say my first new car experience is not a happy one and I am not impressed. I mean how difficult is it to call the customer before the build takes place and make sure you are building the right car?

I am going to have to re order (with the three month wait) and I have a question.

I want the upgrade to S-Line spec with the S-Line pack in the price list (£1000 if I remember) but I don't want the DSG gearbox or Quattro. Is this possible without the above gubbins? Has anyone done it?

Cheers,

One disappointed Spandexx

I believe with the new generation/facelift A3 you can have S-line in any geabox/engine/2wd/4wd combination you want. When I bought mine last year all S-lines were DSG only.

Try the DSG box, its brilliant, you have auto for heavy traffic lazy driving, and the semi auto with paddles for the "fun" times. I wasn't sure about DSG initially, but having had it for 10 months, I have to say its a "trick bit of kit" Recommend you try b4 U buy, the leasing Co may have done you a favour in the long run.

That is bad news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Having waited so long and then got all excited the day before only to have to return the car.

What are they giving you to use in the meantime?

As far as I'm aware you can only get a TDi S-Line in DSG or Quattro and not FWD manual.

Whatever you do, don't ask the dealers!! They haven't got a clue what you can or cannot get!

Shame about your car mate!

I thought it was now possible to order the S-line pack without having to go down the DSG/quattro route.

I had to take DSG to get the S-line pack and thought I would be able to live with it,but I can't.

To add insult to disappointment I am still in my company van and will be for the duration.

I am tempted by the DSG box but it is just too expensive.

Thanks for the info.

[ QUOTE ]
I want the upgrade to S-Line spec with the S-Line pack in the price list (£1000 if I remember) but I don't want the DSG gearbox or Quattro. Is this possible without the above gubbins? Has anyone done it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that as long as you choose a Sport based model you should be ok?...

According to the Audi configurator,you still can't have S-line unless you take quattro or DSG.

S-line is not listed as an option for the sport models.

God knows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I was told by numerous dealers that you cannot do s-line without quattro or DSG, the pricelist confirms that also.

For the life of me,I can't figure out why Audi can't offer the S-line option on any of their models.
It's a weird one.

Cause, it's premium. I want my A3 to be different and not look the same as 1.6 that is 6k cheaper

[ QUOTE ]
Cause, it's premium. I want my A3 to be different and not look the same as 1.6 that is 6k cheaper

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a 1.6 S-line though.
There's a guy on here (Ireland) got one.

Mute point now. The lease company has offered me the car at a very reduced rate - too cheap to ignore. Bargain Audi for less than the price of a Scoda. Audi are sorting the stone chip and I should have it in a week.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a 1.6 S-line though.
There's a guy on here (Ireland) got one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I bet you can. Cause UK spec is different I bet that if the dealer agreed to put S-line down on a non quattro/DSG A3 that they'd build it in Germany.

Heated Seats (no toasty bum)
Cruise Control (I suppose I will have to exercise my right foot)
Illuminated Vanity Mirrors (the girlfriend will kill me)!!!!!!!!!!!
Not too tragic as the important options are still there, but ****** unbelievable none the less.

Except that it is most likely the "interior lighting" pack, which includes sill lights, footwell lights etc...

AmD do retrofit cruise ;-)

Spandex, good thing about the rebate! You must have made quite the deal!!

Sorry don't know price - it says "coming soon" on the website but I was sure they have been doing it for a while.

Have you had it done then MB?

Out of interest the wording for the S-line package in the latest July 2005 price list reads as follows:

S line model comprising:
• 7.5J x 18 ‘5 Arm’ design alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres
• Black headlining
• Illuminated vanity mirrors
• Part perforated leather 3 spoke sports steering wheel (manual) with
gear change paddles (DSG) with contrast colour stitching
• Perforated leather gear knob (manual only)
• Brushed aluminium inlays
• Sport front seats with black leather side bolsters and centre sections
in black Speed Cloth
• Available on quattro and/or DSG Sport models only, and in addition
to Sport Model Premium if applicable (includes Sport Model contents)

So it seems the S-Line is still only available in the UK on quattro and/or DSG Sport models in 2.0T and 3.2 petrol and 2.0 TDI diesel, but it does include the Illuminated Vanity Mirrors.

[ QUOTE ]
Heated Seats (no toasty bum)
Cruise Control (I suppose I will have to exercise my right foot)
Illuminated Vanity Mirrors (the girlfriend will kill me)!!!!!!!!!!!
Not too tragic as the important options are still there, but ****** unbelievable none the less.

[/ QUOTE ]

The non-heated seats are a shame but at least you can easily get cruise retro-fitted, as the man said. Plenty of places doing it, just a case of finding the one that's most convenient for you. As for the illuminated vanity mirrors, that really does come into the category of "who gives a sh*t?".

Hope you get it soon, and enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

And Climate Control is now missing from the S-Line although it is still on teh SE and Sport?!

Retro fitting is a potential problem if you're dealing with a leasing company,but it's not insurmountable.

Depends how flexible they are.

We once wanted to retro fit our fleet of Polos with alloys (within weeks of taking delivery) but they said no,they couldn't adjust their monthly figures so we'd have to pay for them cash.

Then again,I retro fitted a CD changer to my A4 and the leasing company simply upped their monthly premiums by a few quid.

The hell with paying for something out of your own pocket on a leased car though.

[ QUOTE ]
And Climate Control is now missing from the S-Line although it is still on teh SE and Sport?!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's always been a weird one.
The configurator says climate is an option,but it lists the price as £ 0.00...

Bottom line is,it's standard and you don't actually have to specify it.

Thats cause you can only have the sline on the Sports version of the car, i think

The same July 05 price list indicates that Electronic Climate Control is standard on the SE, Sport and S-Line models and a £1100 option on only the Standard model.

Another interesting item in the price list is:

Black Cloth Headlining, must be combined with interior light pack (price quoted does not include this item)

Optional on the Standard, SE and Sport but standard on the S-Line. So new S-lines must have the interior light pack.

[ QUOTE ]
Another interesting item in the price list is:

Black Cloth Headlining, must be combined with interior light pack (price quoted does not include this item)

Optional on the Standard, SE and Sport but standard on the S-Line. So new S-lines must have the interior light pack.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that means black cloth headlining is standard on S-line, if you want it on any other model you must combine it with the interior light pack.

My new S-line doesn't have interior light pack.

So if you have a black headlining in an S-Line you do not get the interior lighting pack but on any other model you do - Strange.

Yeah but,

Black Cloth Headlining must be combined with light pack (but does _not_ include) so then add the Light pack .

Black Cloth Headlining £195
Interior Light Pack £140

My SE comes with the interior light pack as standard and I would hate to have a black headlining...makes the interior feel so small to me.

In connection with the retro fitting of the cruise control, I have just received my October copy of Audi Driver and it has an advert for AMD that quotes £299 for cruise control. AMD's phone number is 01869 323205 and their web-site is www.amdtechnik.com .

There is also an item in the News section that mentions that Awesome from Manchester is offering retro-fit of cruise control systems for the A3. Using all standard original components the upgrades compare favourably with the price of cruise control if specified as a factory-fit item and offers the answer to anyone who has bought a car without this feature as standard. The price, including fitting, is £225 for the A3.

Awesome's phone noumber is 0161 776 0777 or their web-site is www.awersomegti.com

Audi Driver do you get that as free magazine when you own a Audi or is it a paid subscription?

My motor is at Audi Stoke at present having cruise control retro fitted. Parts + installation for £257.

Finally delivered (whoooooo!). It may not have **** warmers, cruise or the mirrors but what the hell, I love it.
The 2.0 TDi pulls with surprising force, but I have come from a scabby van with a 0-60 of 23 seconds!! so anything would seem quick. The torque is epic though, seems to pull all the time. Interior is a quality product. I love the crisp red lighting, the dash and the seats.
Oh and the exterior is gorgeous with the 17” Sport wheels in Metallic Black. Would have liked S-Line, but the Sport is more than good enough!

A few things though.

Do I need to go easy on the engine for the first 1000 miles? My friend tells me not to take it past 3000rpm.
Will the engine get even better after the 1000 mile mark?
The seat seems to not reset itself in the correct position on the rails when you let a passenger in the back. Odd, but not too bad.
The BOSE stereo is great. I am not pushing it too hard yet as I read the thread about that guy blowing his sub, is that right, what limits do you guys have?

I am going to see if my local Audi garage will be able to fit the cruise and / or heated seats as the lease company said as long as it is covered by the Audi warranty they don't care what goes on the car.

All in all very pleased indeed.