CANBUS Bulb Warning

Danny-boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

With regard to the Canbus bulb failure warning, I'm interested to know how this works.

Does the system look for a certain resistance, or does it look for a certain "minimum" resistance?

I plan to install LED sidelight bulbs, and also tap some DRL's into the circuit. I'll measure the resistance of the original bulb, and the LED's and get a resistor as close to the difference as possible.

How accurate do I need to be? I don't want to be too far over the resistance of the standard bulb due to heat, but how accurate do I need to be?

That is of course assuming it's only resistance that is monitored.

Cheers

Thanks mate, but like I said, I'm wiring DRL's off the sidelight circuit as well.

Just want to know if I need an "exact" resistance or a "minimum" resistance.

Cheers

Dan

I always though it worked on current draw? If a bulb blows there is no current due to open circuit, if an LED bulbs is used there is also no current due to the minimal power required for the LED to illuminate. Therefore an additional resistor draws the correct power it removed the dash error.

Overall I would think that you'd need to get it roughly correct, but given the tiny amount of power that LEDs actually use just use a 5w load resistor and this should get rid of any errors.

I always though it worked on current draw? If a bulb blows there is no current due to open circuit, if an LED bulbs is used there is also no current due to the minimal power required for the LED to illuminate. Therefore an additional resistor draws the correct power it removed the dash error.

Overall I would think that you'd need to get it roughly correct, but given the tiny amount of power that LEDs actually use just use a 5w load resistor and this should get rid of any errors.

Just buy canbus error free led bulbs i have and they work fine i have just got the same but for the indicators but now need to purchase one of these
3 Pin Electronic LED Flasher Relay Fix Turn Signal
Brand new and high quality
3 pins electronic LED flasher relay (CF13JL02)
It can replace the normal thermal flasher
It can solve the turn signal problems such as hyper flashing, no flashing or stop bulbs blowing
Plug and play
12V, 0.02-20A

3 Pin Electronic LED Flasher Relay Fix Turn Signal
Brand new and high quality
3 pins electronic LED flasher relay (CF13JL02)
It can replace the normal thermal flasher
It can solve the turn signal problems such as hyper flashing, no flashing or stop bulbs blowing
Plug and play
12V, 0.02-20A

hopefully this will sort out the rapid flashing

Cheers mate, but it seems I was worrying for nothing.

My car does not monitor bulbs by the looks of things.

Dan