Audi Gen parts prices!

OCDetails

Reaction score
Website
www.ocdetails.co.uk
Hey all, so i took a trip to my local Audi (lincoln) literally 15mins walk down the road and asked if i could get some prices on some parts for when i get payed next week, after telling them what i wanted and been told this wont fit my car and why would you want to do that etc etc i was then hit with a hefty £387.94 price tag on the parts i wanted.

8e0511409Al (22mm RS4 ARB) = £75.92ex VAT
8e0511327d (rubber bush x2) = £5.92ex VAT
8e0511439 (Clamp x2) = £6.28ex VAT
8e0511439 (Hex Collard bolt x8) = £6.72ex VAT
8e0807521m 1rr (double pipe s4 valance) = £34.27 ex VAT
8ec071640 9ax (spoiler for rear lid) = £151.67ex VAT+ unpainted?!
00a071785 (adhesive kit for spoiler) = £42.50

Total £323.28
+ 20% VAT = £387.94

Ok so bushes and clamps aint too bad respectably, but how on earth can they charge £151 for a single piece of plastic with no M3 adhesive on it for easy install and then say oh you need to plaint it too! thats an extra ££££'s ???

Is it me or is that just unfair on the customer?

oh n one item i did buy from them this morning was a new Air filter... anyone want a guess on the price? u06c133843 (£20.11)! i was gobsmacked at this honestly.

Is my dealer over pricing or under pricing?

Yeah that sounds about right.

Maybe it's something to do with the stick on body parts being 'desirable' as aftermarket extras, hence they bump up the price as people are more likely to be willing to fork out the cash. ARB is a metal bar so is probably quite cheap to produce but is seen as mechanical/essential so doesn't see the same price hike? Just a theory though...

the s4 valance aint bad priced

Thats bad....check this one out from this morning too...... Went to my dealer this morning having found that one of my Engine Cover mounts that holds it in place has come loose (next to the turbo pipe). The hex bolt that holds it in place has come loose and fallen out which aint the worst thing in the world as the part is too big to go anywhere dangerous. But could do with a new bolt to screw it back in.

Ordered a new bolt... 85p. .... he had a look at it and said, well we need to check whether the bolt has snapped off inside and the gap is far too tight to check it properly so well need an hours diagnostics and fitting.

£97.00.......... Sorry, did I just ££$%$£%$ well hear you correctly there? NINETY SEVEN POUNDS?

It is a tight gap, but the right tool will make the job easy. but oh no ^^

Ill try it myself and if not ill leave it where it is... Audi seem to be pegging people for as much money as possible these days.

id agree, its pretty disgusting on what main dealers charge these days. Ill be browsing the Bay of Evil this week for all these parts i bet i get it all for less than £200 n maybe have to spend £50 painting.

Considering it's their poor design that requires the excessive costs...

For instance the rear number plate bulb holders: screws made of s**t metal so years of corrosion mean that they burr to nothing after 5 seconds and you have to buy new ones to replace them. Not to mention changing a front indicator bulb requires removal of the front bumper, for which they would probably want the best part of £200

Bunch of numpties

The have a huge mark up in price due to over heads on a main dealer. The parts a expensive but if Nissan is charging 80+ vat a hour) what should Audi Charge? BMW is the same I am glad I don't own a BMW as they are not reliable (im on about the E92 ect ect)

Might be worth contacting Dave at stoke Audi, they say they give discount to ASN members, I had a quote and was quite pleased with the price! May not be a lot in it but worth a try

thats good for a s4 valance, might buy one them it will edge me on to gerrin a quad exhaust system