Advice on potential a3 2.0t quattro purchase

A3Craig

Reaction score
Hi all, Looking at purchasing a Audi a3 Quattro 2.0t 2006 s-line with 52k on the clock fsh and have agreed a price privately of £7000 Is this a good deal? (cambelt and service just done last week) Any advice would be great Thanks Craig

check the oil level, where it is usually parked for any signs of oil, check the temp guage hits 90 and sits there bang on , check for squeaky suspension, make sure the oil is not off milky colour, to excessive ticking on the left side of the engine ... that means tensioner is gone , if u have VCDS scan it with that, thats what i did when i got mine 3 weeks ago

check if the service for the quattro haldex was done at 40k? Seems like a good price imo.

check if the service for the quattro haldex was done at 40k? Seems like a good price imo.
It has full Audi service history up 50k then it was a local indie so hopefully should be done but something I will definitely check, Thanks for response if I get it this weekend il get some pics up

i have a habit of changing the rear diff oil the haldex, box and engine oil with all the filters (fuel, cabin, air etc...), drive belt and its tensioner, and the timming belt and water pump when i buy it; you can never be too sure once you get it back after all that im sure you'll be happy; and then you can beans it without having the worry

as for price i live in Australia so they are around 22,000$ here sadly

would agree with you, im quite good on cars so will be sure to check it over properly before having too much fun :unsure:

Sounds a good price too me providing everything is spot on, what spec does it have?

The only bits I know is full leather interior, 18's and usual Aircon, Electric windows and mirrors, will find out more hopefully at the weekend,

same as what I paid for mine a couple of week ago and mines a 2006 a3 2.0T s line quattro with 52k, fsh... I thought I got a bargain as everything else I looked at was around £8000-£9000!

Car looks good In the pic, hopefully the snow will hold off and I can see and hopefully bring it back this weekend

I'm now officially a member :whistle2: Picked my car earlier today, will get some pics up hopefully tonight

Reactions: Baza1819
I'm now officially a member :whistle2: Picked my car earlier today, will get some pics up hopefully tonight

They are a good car, you shouldn't be disappointed. As said just make sure the Haldex oil has been done and the cambelt. Another good check is the diverter valve as you could be loosing boost if it's not been change to Rev D unit.

Yeah, happy so far, few little problems to sort out, nothing major (rear wiper and coolant temperature sensor)
to dark last night to take some photos so will try and get some on today, hopefully this weekend I can check the DV an PCV to check there ok but have to do new discs and pads all round on the girlfriends TT first, and Oncall all weekend