Air motor in the center console - climate control (Look PICTURE)

yankov

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

My car is a3 8L 1.9/110 2000 year. Im replacing the center console with the facelift one. Ive got an air con unit from the facelift but when i took out my old one i saw that there is something like a motor with a rubber pipe for taking air or something. So i saw that it might be integrated in the new one climate control but im not sure if i should use it or not. There isn't a special place to place it in the new one like the old one. Can anybody tell me if i need that or the new one has it integrated and i should cut the wires and throw it out?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I haven't ever seen the pre-facelift climate control unit, but it sounds like it could be to draw air in to measure the temperature for the climate control unit.

The facelift unit has a small grill at the front with a very small gap to measure the ambient temperature. I would guess it is that but couldn't be 100% sure.

Should i cut it out? And use only what is integrated in the facelift climate control unit?

The facelift climate unit has wiring etc changes, its not PNP btw.

I know that. But im asking only about that motor* for the air measuring?

The facelift version has an ambient air sensor inbuilt so unless you're fitting the pre-facelift electronics into the new centre console, no you don't need to cut it.