Pre facelift

Byers

Reaction score
Hi it's maybe me being stupid but I have been searching the site for topic on removing the 2 split grills and a guide on how to vinyl wrap them on the prefacelift.I have ordered a good quality wrap and have done this befor on a previous car just don't to break the grill.
Also I can't find many pics with this done...
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Dean

Last edited:
Here's a pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357476308.636395.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357476308.636395.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 192
i did it with plasti dip mate.

i removed it from the rings.. so theyr chrome again now

hope this hopes

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357505702545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357505702545.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 191
Thanks Looks loads better mate with out the chrome. I thought about using plasti dip but i have bought vinyl now. I'm going to have a go on Saturday.mine shouldn't need the black In between the grills I don't think as the cars almost black but we will see. Also just bought stereo to aux box (dont know proper name)which I'll hopefully get fitted on Saturday too
Dean

i stick one up with the rings silver see what you think..
i had like that for a few months and did the remove a week or so ago.
vynal will be glossy rather than matt.. are you covering the chrome surrounds?
so u no the plasti dip was incredibly simple

h

Just the top and bottom chrome surrounds. Want to leave the rings chrome. Did you take your surrounds off?
Dean

I used a gunmetal grey vinyl on mine here and some strips of chrome vinyl for the edges to give it single grill look. Spraypainted the two grills silver. The vinyl application was a doddle. used some soapy water on the bumper and the vinyl, applied and squidgeed out the water and used a hairdryer to dry it out.. Simples :hi:

Attachments

• 264161_10150228586007058_5672298_n.jpg
    264161_10150228586007058_5672298_n.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 164
Looks good mate. Just hope I have ordered enough vinyl as I'm wanting to do it all in one with no join.Is that what you done?
I'll get it done Saturday morning and get some pics up
Dean

well i only vinyled the centre section that splits the two grills.yeah it was one piece. are you thinking of applying vinyl to the grills and the chrome surrounds? i wouldnt attempt to vinyl the grills at all. thats a real tricky task. you may be able to vinyl the chrome surrounds, but i think as mentioned before, i would plastidip for a coating that you can remove in future if you want or just spray paint.

Getting the grills off isnt too much of an issue. with a bit of force and a light levering. getting the chrome surrounds of the grills can be a bit annoying, your pretty much guaranteed to break an odd clip. there really flimsy things...

Good Luck!