Don't like silver backs to cab rear headrests

WAFTER

Reaction score
With hood furled I don't like the look of the silver backed rear headrests?
Can they be removed and perhaps sprayed black?
How do I remove them?
Any owner seeking the S-Line look want to swop them for a plain black pair?

hi i have a a3 cab sport haven't really had chance to see it with roof down brought it the saturday before christmas and rained every day since! but when i was looking for one i did see a sport model that didn't have the chrome line at shoulder height or the sliver backed headrest so someone must have removed them

One of the options when I was buying mine was the 'black styling pack' which had black roll hoops, no chrome along the bottom of the windows and a black radiator grille, so the parts must be available. I think the standard (base model) cabrio also had plain black roll hoops.

No idea how the roll hoop trims come off, as there are no obvious fixings.

hi i have a a3 cab sport haven't really had chance to see it with roof down brought it the saturday before christmas and rained every day since! but when i was looking for one i did see a sport model that didn't have the chrome line at shoulder height or the sliver backed headrest so someone must have removed them

Suspect the silver backs are an S-Line fitting - still can't work out ho to remove them though.