Dog bone/Torque mount help - Lowered car & Gatestop

BradHatton

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted this photo in a previous thread in hope for some help -
View attachment 9052

..my car is lowered, and to park on my gated drive, I have to drive over the gate stop.. My car is lowered to the point it literally covers the gate stop by mm's, but with any weight in the car it tends to catch, I presume what's catching is the dog bone/engine torque mount

Now, the point of this thread is to ask whether catching this every now and then will do significant damage to the car, whether there is a way in which I can either tuck the mount higher up so that it won't catch, if anybody else runs low and catches the mount themselves, or if I can continue to keep bashing it against my solid metal stop?

File the gate stop down?

Bluddy things shouldn't be so high!

You've more or less asked the same question in your other thread?

You've more or less asked the same question in your other thread?

The whole point of this thread was to follow on from that same point but more specifically, as we were leading off topic in the previous thread.

It's not gone off topic, that's what the bolt is and it needs to stay there! It can't be moved or made to sit any higher!

It's not gone off topic, that's what the bolt is and it needs to stay there! It can't be moved or made to sit any higher!

It did go off topic. I made the thread in order to find out what something was, people told me what it was, then we started talking about ways to modify it and overcome another problem I'm facing. Mike Foster advised I created another thread with a more direct approach to my problem and I have done.

If you have no constructive response, please, don't bother replying.

I think I gave you a constructive reply in your other thread as I have in this one.

But hey, do what you wish, you have your answer from me and others. Not really sure what you are expecting people to say to help you out...

As said above it can't be moved, made smaller, or anything so if its that that's catching, that now it seems as your not even sure that it is, get a grinder out and take a bit off the bolt... Get a smaller bolt... Keep driving over the bit that catches until it don't catch no more... One will give out... Either the post or whatever it is catching or your gearbox...

Either way I'll sit here and wait for your thread saying that your dogbone mount is stuffed, it's only one of three mounts that holds your engine in!!

If you don't like the answers you get from Internet forums, then please don't ask, especially twice

I think I gave you a constructive reply in your other thread as I have in this one.

But hey, do what you wish, you have your answer from me and others. Not really sure what you are expecting people to say to help you out...

As said above it can't be moved, made smaller, or anything so if its that that's catching, that now it seems as your not even sure that it is, get a grinder out and take a bit off the bolt... Get a smaller bolt... Keep driving over the bit that catches until it don't catch no more... One will give out... Either the post or whatever it is catching or your gearbox...

Either way I'll sit here and wait for your thread saying that your dogbone mount is stuffed, it's only one of three mounts that holds your engine in!!

If you don't like the answers you get from Internet forums, then please don't ask, especially twice

Okay mate. Apologise for being short.

Your comment seemed rude, when I'm just trying to get answers.

Thanks for clarifying!