Immobiliser problems

paula1806

Reaction score
as a newbie I wonder if someone can help me. The keyless entry does not work on my a4 avant 1.9 td se . The relays on the interior light fail to work after 24 hours as well. I understand this the same relay that works the immmobiliser. Both batteries have been replaced in the 2 key fobs too.

A Stealership has quoted £100 /hour diagnosis and £290 for a central locking pump and £180 fitting.

Can this item be bought anywhere else? Can the old pump be removed and the new one plugged in easily ?

Could it be the receiver that is faulty under the back seat - is there a good audi spares place that stocks them ?

If anyone can help that would be great

does the central locking work on the key? if so, I can't see why the pump would need to be replaced.

If these are keys that were originally working, have you tried recoding/resyncing them as per the instructions in the manual?

Walk into dealer and ask for a quick VAGCOM Scan only, they should do it for free.Take it from there.
Good luck

[ QUOTE ]
Walk into dealer and ask for a quick VAGCOM Scan only, they should do it for free.Take it from there.
Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

only if they're nice. Some will try and charge you 1 hours labour for this.

Hi in answer to your questions

1. The central locking is working fine
2. the fuses that control the immobilizer and interior lights blow within 24 hours
3. I have tried recoding the keys and replacing the batteries.
4. When the car is locked there is no beep to say that the immobolizer is armed
5. Is there anyone with VAGCOM in North London who could do a scan for me ?
6 My local audi dealer - chrages for every minute lol

an update on this

The car has been deemed unsafe and not roadworthy and Audi will not release the car unless a legal disclaimer is signed

The brake hoses are vracked and nearly spli as are the CV boots

There is still a problem with the electrics after the instrument panel was changed (this houses the immobiliser)

Company has been told and given some options for settlement

If none of this materialises then court action will follow

[ QUOTE ]
Blimey! Who did you buy it from?

[/ QUOTE ]

a company in Wendover, Bucks who deals in "ex-lease Audis called

"De Banks Contract Company"