RNS-E + Bose + Multi function steering wheel ..... adding Bluetooth ?

GavConner

Reaction score
Hi guys

Hope I'm posting in the right section .....

I've just bought a new Sportback well 09 plate (New to me) :)

Its got RNS-E + Bose + Multi function steering wheel but no Bluetooth

As its got Bose am I right in thinking it has a mic fitted somewhere already ?

If so is it that simple that I just need to buy the Bluetooth module and its plug an play ?

AUDI A3/TT/R8/RS3 INTERFACE BOX FOR HANDSFREE/BLUETOOTH 8P0862335D | eBay

I'm guessing it can't be that easy :)

Also - Has anybody fitted a Denison gateway pro ??

Dension Gateway Pro BT iPod iPhone USB Bluetooth Audi A3 A4 TT GWP1AC1 | eBay

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Having Bose does not give you the microphone. Bise uses a microphone to monitor the interior noise levels for auto volume settings but the two are different.

You will need a Bluetooth module and it will then be required to be coded to the car and RNS-e...

Hey!

Hope you're enjoying the new car :)

Unfortunately it's not all plug and play. You need to have all the bits to be able to do the job and be able to code the car up.

For instance, the ebay link you popped up is just the Bluetooth Module. You need looms, microphone etc and then code the car up to make it work.

The Dension is a great bit of kit but if you have the MK2 RNSe (Black Gloss Surround around the screen) then think about AMI. Full on screen control of your iPod. The Dension will only allow you to interact with your iPod through the DIS and MFSW.

If you want to check anything else out, head on over to our main site - Audi/VW Factory Kit (OEM) | Advanced In Car Technologies

We can arrange nationwide installation at work or home so you can sit back and enjoy all your lovely extras.

If you use our contact form then we can give you a call next week sometime :)

Tim

What Tim says, we can offer this also, so give a pm if you want a price ;)

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies !

It turns out its not Bose .... but not to worry

I'll check out your posts and have think :)

Thanks again !