S3 front bumper on A3

Pontio

Reaction score
Yet another question for you audi gurus, i have found a cheap S3 front bumper and would like to know if it would be a direct swap for my facelift 2001 A3 1.8tq as the rs3 option is dear at 390 delivered. I know the S3s have wider arches but the rear apparently fits so im hoping the front will too.
Thanks for any info.

[ QUOTE ]
should i take it that it doesnt fit then?

[/ QUOTE ]

what, because no one's replied yet?! you only posted this 5 hours ago

Dude, with enough time and $$$ ANYTHING will fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
As for the S3 front onto an A3..... I think the issue is that the S3 front quarter panels are flared much more than the A3's. In back, it's not as big a difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you're going for the S3 look, why not just have the lower bumper color-coded like CaTfish's ??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks for that reply monkeytrousers, really helpfull..
Drill- thats the reason i asked, i have the same fealing, i have seen a few painted bumpers as you suggested and they look better but still not as nice as the S3. I dont know what else is different but the grills dont look the same for starters.

That's right, the S3 grill is larger, so you'd need an S3 one. I'm trying to think here..... I remember someone said that they'd done it, but I can't remember who said it, or where?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

(THAT was helpfull, wasn't it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

there was a guy on here that fitted the front bumper, but he had to fit the front wings as well for it to look right.

Obviously a far bit more work there.

I'd go for the colour coding of your original bumper, which will look good.

ye, i will be doing that instead, had a good search on here and on google yesterday and its a much cheaper option, found another facelift denim blue A3 like mine on here with it colour coded and it looks much better, probably get a quote today..
Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Here is mine, colour coded the front, and s3 rear. The S3 frontbumper can be fitted without the front wings, on the hands of a good professional it'll look nice.

lateral12vw.jpg

foro36gy.jpg

no comments about the badge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CaTFiSH have you not got a photo of the front?

as47op.jpg

Colour coded front, also i installed a xenon kit and the headlampwasher hella retrofit kit.

Nice looking car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Out of interest, does anyone know why the front bumper (on the right hand bottom edge of the valance) always seems to have a chunk out of it ?
I thought my S3 was damaged, but they all look like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

mine was damaged, that's why it have that separation between the headlight and the bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Look at the bottom of the bumper, the valance strip has a chunk missing. RHS of picture. from just about middle of car to about 6" in from the tyre. Same on my S3.

But as matts3 says "Why?"

CatFiSH, nice car mate. If I had an A3, that's definatelyt the route I would take. I don't know why many more people haven't done the same to the front bumper. Even comparing it against my S3 bumper, it's not immediately obvious that's yours is not an S3 bumper.

Well done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif