wastegate, n75 question

karl210

Reaction score
Since ive had my s3 its lost power and i compensated for this by adjusting the wastegate a while back, since then ive fitted a b5 tip, found a few boost leaks and done a full pcv delete with catch can, it ran great for a few days but it seems like its loosing power again, everytime i make it run well, a few days later its back to its usual self.
1st gear is fine, but when accelerating in 2nd or 3rd the turbo sounds like its working overtime and the car isnt going like it should, it sounds like the turbo is going to explode, theres a loud low pitched hiss and also a high pitched hiss and it doesnt go like it should.
So ive been thinking, the mods ive done and leaks ive found will the turbo be overboosting and the ecu compensating for this by the n75 valve? is this completely wrong or could it be true? is it worth backing the actuator off and giving it a go or will it just result in less power simples?

Sounds like a boost leak mate.its air escaping out of the system.double check that all hoses are done up tight and that there are not split or damaged hoses.I've had my fair share of boost leaks,I hear them a mile off lol

Ive been over all the pipes hence the pcv delete but I cant find anything, my mate is having words with someone with a smoke tester. It was about 6psi on gauge but I plugged the footpump into it yesterday and got 4psi but not sure if it was accurate

I have actually just changed my Actuator as it was leaking air, so a smoke test may find this?
I got mine from Dan on here ....(beachbuggy)uprated... as the forge ones by all accounts are not very good...

What one has Dan provided for you dave?

should i be able to blow through the large connector that goes to the metal turbo outlet pipe? i would of thought this would be closed or does it close when needed?