Any B8 owners considering a remap?

Yeah I was more thinking if it had been done a year or two before and then the ECU failed, Audi wouldn't cover the warranty but if it had worked for that long would you still replace it? If so then I'll be saving for the delete and remap!

My concern is as follows- I have my brand new 3.0tdi s-tronic quattro remapped to lets say 290bhp and 430lbft.
Six months after the remapp my gearbox gives up the ghost maybe due to the extra torque who knows! Audi state my car has been remapped and therefore will not warranty a replacement gearbox as its been running higher power than standard.
Who pays for the new gearbox and labour?????

My concern is as follows- I have my brand new 3.0tdi s-tronic quattro remapped to lets say 290bhp and 430lbft.
Six months after the remapp my gearbox gives up the ghost maybe due to the extra torque who knows! Audi state my car has been remapped and therefore will not warranty a replacement gearbox as its been running higher power than standard.
Who pays for the new gearbox and labour?????

As far as I'm aware, the component failure must be proven to be a direct result of the modification for warranty exclusion.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnu...s_Warranty_Act

This exists in America and from what I've read and experienced throughout Europe, there are similar laws at play here.

A transmission failure is pretty extreme, but your concern is valid. As an added precaution, most of our customers return their ECUs to standard before bringing their vehicles to the dealership for any service or work. If our product is a fault we work with our customers to sort all relevant expenses.