interior light and sunroof have minds of their own?

s3welshy

Reaction score
hi all,
i have a 1999 s3 and the drivers side interior light will be fine, then as im driveing along it will come on on its own but doesnt show on the dash as the door being open. if i change the switch to the off position it goes out. then when i get out i put it back to normal position it will work fine for a while. then do the same.

also last week i left the sunroof open. and closed it with the key later on, and now it seems confused? now the sunroof wont tilt upwards. if i pull the switch down the sunroof slides back about 3-4 inches then when i turn the switch it opens fully. i get the same closeing it. i turn the switch to closed but it stops 3-4 inches from closed. then i press the switch up and it slides shut the last part.

any help on either would be really apprieciated.

thanks

matt

Funny you should post this as I just did a search for "Interior light" as I am having a similar problem that has only just started.

I don't have a sunroof but on my 2003 8L the interior light won't go off on auto when door is shut and the electric windows seem to have no electricity feed so even the lights inside the switches aren't on and the windows don't work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I guess this may be to do with the features that connect with the key/central locking etc?

Thanks

Poke13/Jonny