Hazard lights with a mind of their own

alxmac

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having an issue with my 2002 Audi A3 1.9TDI. The hazard lights are randomly coming on when parked whether the car is locked or not. The alarm is not going off at the same time and when I unlock the car the hazards continue to flash meaning I need manually stop the hazards from the switch on the inside. This issue has only started after I accidentally drove through a rather large puddle during last Fridays heavy rainfall. This resulted is some water in the passenger footwell which I have now dried up.

Has anyone experienced this before and have any ideas on how I can diagnose before taking to garage?
I do not believe the relay is at fault.

Hello,

I am having an issue with my 2002 Audi A3 1.9TDI. The hazard lights are randomly coming on when parked whether the car is locked or not. The alarm is not going off at the same time and when I unlock the car the hazards continue to flash meaning I need manually stop the hazards from the switch on the inside. This issue has only started after I accidentally drove through a rather large puddle during last Fridays heavy rainfall. This resulted is some water in the passenger footwell which I have now dried up.

Has anyone experienced this before and have any ideas on how I can diagnose before taking to garage?
I do not believe the relay is at fault.
VCDS required for a diagnosis if anyone is available in your area

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Could be a faulty Hazard switch but as mph says you need to get it scanned, mine would do similar but it was my alarm going off but my alarm siren didn’t work
So it was just hazards flashing