Petrol tank brace has come off!!!

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Yeasssss the problem child is back! Was on my way to a lovely meal with the mrs on our anniversary when my car got jealous and broke itself!!! The left brace holding the tank has somehow come undone towards the rear of the car! I'll post some pics abit later but it lts like the bolt magically dissapeared coz the threads are still ok and the bolt hole is clean! I'm getting it up on the ramp tomorrow to sort but a big big thanks to Rob for coming out to help me!! That guy is a top fella! Thanks bud!

But any ideas as to how on earth that has come off? Unless it was always loose? It actually holds the tank up quite abit as we discovered the tank has dropped abit and when it's on and tight like the other side, it's propped uP good and proper!

Many thanks

We cant figure out what's happened, it looks like the bolt has just worked loose as there is no damage to the threads on the body, no bolt remnants (as if it had sheared) or any damage to that area at all. stuck two brand new bolts in and copious amounts of thread lock, so shouldn't come out again too easily.

He's not having much luck with that car at the moment is he. Suppose these little things will go wrong given the age of the car.