Buying an A3 (First Car)

S33PLE

Reaction score
Hi, thought i would sign up here, as i use car fan clubs alot, im 18 and i own a 2007 Corsa 1.2 i have converted it to a Corsa VXR replica on my drive, im taking my test in a few weeks, so i thought i was start looking at insurance, and it works out i can insure an audi A3 1.6 for the same price as my corsa :detective2: So yeah... Corsa is getting sold ASAP lol. :arco:

I can only insure the bog standard 1.6 A3's not a sport/s-line/s3/rs3... ect...

So, i have a few questions. Will the RS3 rear bumper fit a standard 5 door ??? (Wheel arches the same ?) I understand the RS3 Front bumper doesnt, fit as you need to replace the 2x front wings. What cost a arm and a leg.

Heres, a short list of what i will be doing to the exterior. (All Genuine Parts)

S3 Facelift Front Bumper.
A3/S3 Facelift Bonnet.
RS3 Black Grill Fitted Into The Above Bumper.
RS3 Side Skirts.
RS3 Rear Bumper (Depending on what door type i choose. And if it fits ??? As i asked above.)
S3/RS3 Headlights.
Nice set of 19"
Pure Gloss Black Rear Lights.
Pure Gloss Black Roof/Mirrors.
Self Vinyl Wrapped Matte Blue.

This will all happen slowly over a course of a year "tops".

Can anyone suggest what i do ???
3 Door / 5 Door

Last edited:
Welcome to ASN!

Sounds like you have a lot planned!
Always good to have a goal though.

So long as the S3 bumper is from the same year as your car, you should be ok. The 8P3 differ to 8P2 and 8P1, and the grille may require some modding to fit.
I think you only need to change the bonnet if you are upgrading to the 8P3 front end, but I could be wrong, Someone else will be able to confirm.
I'm pretty sure an RS4 rear bumper and skirts won't fit but, again, I could be wrong. Someone else will be able to confirm.
I think the RS3 skirts and bumper do, but again may require some modding. Also the rear of the SB and 3 door differ, so a 3door bumper will not fit a SB and visa versa.
If it's the Bi-Xenon's you are after, these can be retrofitted but you need the levelling system on the suspension and the high pressure washers in the bumper to make them legal. May be easier to source a car with them already fitted.

Sounds like a good plan though!
Hope this helps

Welcome to ASN!

Sounds like you have a lot planned!
Always good to have a goal though.

So long as the S3 bumper is from the same year as your car, you should be ok. The 8P3 differ to 8P2 and 8P1, and the grille may require some modding to fit.
I think you only need to change the bonnet if you are upgrading to the 8P3 front end, but I could be wrong, Someone else will be able to confirm.
I'm pretty sure an RS4 rear bumper and skirts won't fit but, again, I could be wrong. Someone else will be able to confirm.
I think the RS3 skirts and bumper do, but again may require some modding. Also the rear of the SB and 3 door differ, so a 3door bumper will not fit a SB and visa versa.
If it's the Bi-Xenon's you are after, these can be retrofitted but you need the levelling system on the suspension and the high pressure washers in the bumper to make them legal. May be easier to source a car with them already fitted.

Sounds like a good plan though!
Hope this helps
Hi mate yeah, its a lot to do i enjoy doing it though, i loved doing my vxr conversion :) Expense wise it should work out about the same price as my corsa to corsa vxr. Sorry, i meant "RS3" not "RS4" for my parts, dunno why i typed that lol, think its because i was watching a youtube video of one hehe. Thread updated.