sideways action

milli

Reaction score
I have just had some new tyres fitted on the front of my s3, rears tyres still have tread just not a lot left. As the roads are still slightly wet it seems when i corner the back end seems to slide out more, is this a problem or probably because of the fact i have new tyres?

That will be because you have more grip at the front and will therefore be inducing oversteer. Equally, had you put new boots on the rear you'd probably find you get slightly more understeer.

looks like ill be buying some more new tyres for the rear then.

I have band new boots on my rears and the the fronts are about 2mm. I've just been driving like Miss Daisy, at least until I get the fronts. No point until the fronts are worn to the limit though (I like to get my money's worth!)

i think i will have to get some new tyres, even though it does make the drive to work a bit more fun

On any quattro I own I always replace all four. It's costly I know but I save the part worns for my mrs car or just for future use.

I was going to change all four but rears seemed to have some life left in them, guess ill end up changing all four in the end