Car vibrates like mad

spliffey

Reaction score
Basically whenever i go over 50 in 4th mainly the car starts vibrating really bad
feels like a plane lifting off, a friend said wheel balance is needed
but earlier went out soon as i moved off a loud noise like id run over something, was nothing got out checkd tyres
soon as i moved off again esp light flashes as i drive off
Now i feel a thud everytime im driving, feels like a rear wheel or something, so i taught lets see what happens when i go over 50 now, literally felt like it was going to break, whole front end of the car started vibrating even worse now, any ideas people?
Thanks in advance

Checked your bushes?
Top mounts
Lose wheel nuts
Not balance wheels or weights come off?

I had a similar problem on a Land Rover once and it was the driveshaft also my mate did on a metro and that was due to the wheel about to fall off when we checked.

sounds like you might have a wheel bearing collapsing.. The ESP light might be due to the wheel speed sensor no longer getting a good signal because the distance is now changing between the sensor and the trigger wheel.

What ever it is sounds like you shouldn't be going very far in it. :)

A

Do not drive it is the first bit of advice, jack it up and check for play in all directions if you cant find anything get a garage to recover it and they can get it on a ramp and hopefully find it. I think its fair to say it probably dangerous to drive.

Basically whenever i go over 50 in 4th mainly the car starts vibrating really bad
feels like a plane lifting off, a friend said wheel balance is needed
but earlier went out soon as i moved off a loud noise like id run over something, was nothing got out checkd tyres
soon as i moved off again esp light flashes as i drive off
Now i feel a thud everytime im driving, feels like a rear wheel or something, so i taught lets see what happens when i go over 50 now, literally felt like it was going to break, whole front end of the car started vibrating even worse now, any ideas people?
Thanks in advance

I had that problem and quickly developed into a big problem where it was not drivable. Get the car jacked up and wiggle your driveshafts about if they move then you prob have a knackered c.v joint.

Is your car lowered?

im only 20, so im not the most mechanical person
but i had a look under the car and noticed the rear wheel on the right hand side was slightly lower than the left hand side :s any ideas?
will find out tomorrow from mechanics

Broken spring common fault take your rear springs out and check them.

thanks a lot for your advice people, will let you know what happens tomorrow!!
isit worth getting a health check from audi? recently i been experiencing quite a few problems with my audi :(

Health check ain't Gunna do alot but Audi making loads out of you

I wouldnt bother with the Audi health check I had one done in conjunction with a service and two days later my steering rack pump and cooler had to be replaced because there were all leaking - Audi health check crap.