EGR Valve removed

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Bout a year or so ago I removed my EGR pipe and blanked off the EGR vavle and the exhaust.

During that time the EGR valve blank would all ways have a small amount of oil on it.
It looked like the blank and the EGR was leaking. I replaced the gasket and it never made a difference.

I got a blank made up and removed the EGR valve so it was blanked at the inlet manifold, replaced the gasket and it is still leaking.

I read on here before that this is common and happens.
But why?
Is there any way to stop it from happening?

I blanked off the pipe that was going to the EGR valve but want to remove it and any other pipe work that is no longer needed.
Can this be done?
Can I remove the EGR solinoid with out having errors appear on the DIS or VCDS?

Presumably its under boost pressure, and your blank isnt flat or sturdy enough to form a good seal?

EGR solenoid can probably be removed, if you get a fault code then you'll probably get away with adding a resistor to emulate the presence of the solenoid coil.

Presumably its under boost pressure, and your blank isnt flat or sturdy enough to form a good seal?

EGR solenoid can probably be removed, if you get a fault code then you'll probably get away with adding a resistor to emulate the presence of the solenoid coil.

The blank is flat and very thick.
Slap some Liquid Sealent on it I think. Which is a shame, I don't like the stuff.