Lowering A4

• Thread starter imported_Kyoshi
  • Start date
I

imported_Kyoshi

I am looking to lower my 1996 A4 V6 Quattro 2.6 (on a budget). Any good advice on reasonable priced lowering kit/springs would be appreciated and any advice on lowering - my wheels are 18" Also, where is a website (or contact number) where I can purchase a lowering kit from?

At the moment, the front of the car is higher than the rear arches, would lowering even the spaces on the arches?

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

FK do a budget coilover set, the AK's.

Coilovers have adjustable spring platforms so you can set the ride height where you like it. If you're interested in those they're roughly £400 IIRC

As Doc says, H&R's come highly recommended as do a lot of other spring kits. Cost - roughly in the region of £150-200 for a good set of springs. If you're interested in full suspension kits then they'll obviously be more. Shop around and do some searching on here for more info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WoW ! I just picked up a 99 A4 2.4 SE V6. It's al fine and dandy apart from I need to look at replacing my cam belt.

So other than this £200 for the springs, anything else I need to look at for dropping it a tad ?

Any difficulties I should be aware of ?

You can get spring for a lot less than £200 I'm sure just checkout German ebay.

You may find having the springs fitted will cause your control arms to pack in like it did when I had mine done.

They must have been on there way and messing around down there just /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif ed them up so it might be a good time to change them why your at it.