Budget Front Brake Upgrade

gsmboy

Reaction score
I need to change my front discs as well as Pads. I know i've been reading the treads and everyone's consesus is Ferodo DS2500's on standard discs, however my budget is only AUD $200 in parts or GBP 135. My S3 is a spare weekend car and only travel less than 5,000km's a year and I don't do any track days. Besides just going for all OEM Audi parts is there any other budget option without breaking the bank?

I was looking at the Mintex Cross drill + Pad combo on eBay and that equates to my budget shipped to Australia. FRONT DRILLED GROOVED BRAKE DISCS MINTEX PADS AUDI A3 S3 QUATTRO 99 > | eBay

Another option is get standard Brembo discs and pads that i can order from Brembo® Online UK Store - Discs & Pads - apbrakediscs.co.uk AP Motor Store

Cheers,
Steve

Hello

I had a set of those drilled/grooved brakes with mintex pads. They didn't last very long at all as they warped. I definitely will never get them again! They were ****** noisy as well, compared to other drilled/dotted brakes I've had before.

Unless you go on track days etc......id suggest sticking to standard discs with better pads.......the brembo standards would be great with Mintex m1144 pads!! Saves a lot of money and hassle that way!! But its totally upto you of course!!