My a3 will go fast! (build thread)

When does the pump turn on mate, when ignition is on? You could have used the terminals under the steering wheel as there's a permanent live, ignition live, and earthin points all easy too use with spade terminals.

it is all wired to an ignition source, its ran from the same live and my boost gauge, that way if the light doesn't come on, on the boost gauge i know the pump wont have power.

also the pump will only have power when i put the spade you can see in the cubby hole on the boost switch also it only turns on at 12psi of boost so its all good.

i figured earth it in the boot as there is one less cable to run through the car and try to hide, also i ran the earth for the solenoid straight to the battery, and iv ran the live back in to the car and spliced it in to the pump live so i know both of them will have power and the given time of needed use lol

Today's in the rain messing around with the car.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyOTcuanBn.jpg

fitted my heat shield form s3dave... unfortunately i had to heavily modify it to fit. but it now fits in like it should be there. i as going to paint it but just could not be bothered.

thank you to Dave for hooking me up. felt kind of bad taking the hacksaw to your master craftsmanship.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyOTguanBn.jpg

put my DV back in its correct place. in the cold side relocation it was getting attacked by the WMI, all the grease had gone like glue and it was full of water meth. also lapped the piston in so it makes a good seal.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyOTkuanBn.jpg

just a picture of my totally awesome wicked engine bay!

Reactions: Sandra
Pfft,not a good looking as mine.glad your happy with the meth kit.cars looking sweet

Pfft,not a good looking as mine.glad your happy with the meth kit.cars looking sweet

haha yeah yeah you and your "awesome golf" :p

cheers mate, i love the meth kit nice one again for that. im sure the car loves it more than it do haha

Buy my K04 Marty, then you wouldn't have to take this sh!t..

Oi I'm still here, them Vauxhall nova's are rapid!

Come on now,you know the mk4 is a much better looking car than the a3. My golf will leave both off you once I get a good head start!.....

Can your a3 handle 700bhp on standard internals? My AUM 19mm rods can handle it no prob

Oi I'm still here, them Vauxhall nova's are rapid!

Come on now,you know the mk4 is a much better looking car than the a3. My golf will leave both off you once I get a good head start!.....

Can your a3 handle 700bhp on standard internals? My AUM 19mm rods can handle it no prob

So why do you have sub 230bhp?! I heard it was 800bhp the 19mm rods could handle.

Canyeah vw put 230 bhp on my ecu as a standard map as they knew the car was going to such an advances driver.

Problem is I can't find a turbo big enough. A gt35 is way too slow!

since puting my dv in the original position, the car doesn't seem to make the boost it did before it used to make over 22psi now its lucky to.make 20psi and doesn't hold it for very long.

I'm thinking could I try a stronger spring in the dv? (It's currently yellow) As it could be opening up early. Or try fitting it in reverse again to see if it holds the boost longer.

Niki did say he had fitted it in reverse when it was in the cold side position because it was causing a pressure drop when proper way round..

The other thing I'm thinking is when I ee greased it I used castrol LM grease high melting point, the piston was super easy to push up with my finger.. to much grease perhaps causing the piston to move easier therefore opening the valve before it should?

One way to check the dv is to put your palm over the side outlet and finger over the nipple at the top then try to push it up, it shouldnt move, then do the same but put your finger over the nipple after youv depressed the piston again the piston should stay put until you take your finger off the nipple.

I would not think the grease would make too much of a problem because its kept shut by the vacuum pressure i think.

One way to check the dv is to put your palm over the side outlet and finger over the nipple at the top then try to push it up, it shouldnt move, then do the same but put your finger over the nipple after youv depressed the piston again the piston should stay put until you take your finger off the nipple.

I would not think the grease would make too much of a problem because its kept shut by the vacuum pressure i think.

I'll try this. Tonight cheers bro

Just flat round plates that sit in at the bottom of the spring.

I had two in my old dv with a yellow spring, but it was 2nd hand and had seen better days so i replaced with a red spring which done the trick for me.

Sure someone will post the spring load specs, because red is for big power and yellow for remapped.

Did niki say anything about the actuator on the turbo?

It's a brand new forge actuator with a yellow spring in. The only thing he said was if it had a blue spring in, it would make some more boost

It's a brand new forge actuator with a yellow spring in. The only thing he said was if it had a blue spring in, it would make some more boost

Got to ask, I'm guessing you have the traction control off ALL the time?

I don't have traction control....

There's no button for it and if the wheels start to light up nothing trys to stop them from doing so.

Saves you turning it off everytime. Having been out in a MK4 golf last night with only 210bhp, that thing spun up everywhere in the wet and tcs light was flashing a lot if you left it on.

Saves you turning it off everytime. Having been out in a MK4 golf last night with only 210bhp, that thing spun up everywhere in the wet and tcs light was flashing a lot if you left it on.

Has this got anything to do with my dv questions?

Or are you just trying to flirt with me.

Anyway surely tc must be good for something ?

Good.

You got any more random questions you want to throw out there while your at it.

Maybe something like have does a tea pot work? or why is there at man looking at me through the window?

I thought the traction control one was pretty relevant reaally. It was also linked with you looking at big turbo's, despite having a FWD car..

It brews tea. I'd guess it's because you're a pervert.

I thought the traction control one was pretty relevant reaally. It was also linked with you looking at big turbo's, despite having a FWD car..

It brews tea. I'd guess it's because you're a pervert.

I'd get an LSD if I went BT.

Ah but does it brew tea or it just a chamber for witchcraft to happen in thus making tea?

I'm not a pervert! no more than you are for pretending to be called Jane and meet men of Christian singles for dates...

​Good build thread Alex, Well documented and very well put together. Keep up the good work. :) x

Traction control is a good thing(shame you rubbish Audi wasn't blessed with it lol)It basically limits the power to the wheels so it can grip.its saved me many times. I remember I was having a spirited drive and decided to turn it off....Let's just say I came closer to a wall that I would have liked to.As you haven't got it, you might aswell get a LSD as you know your going to want more power soon!

Quattro for the win, i can say that now i part own a girls car :)

But seriousley quattro isnt all that, my a3's and cupra where a pleasure to drive, it was effortless to drive them fast, the quattro seems abit more tasking.

So coatsey since were aking questions, what is a microwave used for and what is your bra size?