New to Audi - A few questions...

Brido1888

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Bought my first Audi last week, 2009 A3 1.9 tdi sport. I have few question I'm hoping I can get some help with:

1. Other than eBay is there any place I can buy drivers door inlay in checked aluminium?

2. I have concert CD player, would it be a straight swap for Audi sat nav, if not how much wold it cost all in to make the change?

3. Having come froma BMW 2.0 tdi msport, I'm missing the 'nippiness' in the Audi, would it be worthwhile having this remapped? What should I expect to pay?

4. Can anyone recommend new lights similar to that of the S3, strip lighting is it?

Apologies these may be pretty simple sounding but I new to all this modding..

Thanks
B

Hi welcome to ASN. Have a read at the Faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of useful information in there. Any pics of the car. The boys will help and advise you on above mentioned points. Enjoy the forum. :) x

1). eBay really, but I would get a price from the dealer as it might not be as expensive as you think

2). Concert can be upgraded to Sat Nav... Search in here for RNS-e

3). Remap will give more power... You should of got a 2.0TDi though coming from a BMW diesel!!

4). The only way if getting LED drl like the S3 is to upgrade to Xenon lights which involves headlight washers and levellers. About £1000 to do properly!

Hi folks,

Bought my first Audi last week, 2009 A3 1.9 tdi sport. I have few question I'm hoping I can get some help with:

1. Other than eBay is there any place I can buy drivers door inlay in checked aluminium?

2. I have concert CD player, would it be a straight swap for Audi sat nav, if not how much wold it cost all in to make the change?

3. Having come froma BMW 2.0 tdi msport, I'm missing the 'nippiness' in the Audi, would it be worthwhile having this remapped? What should I expect to pay?

4. Can anyone recommend new lights similar to that of the S3, strip lighting is it?

Apologies these may be pretty simple sounding but I new to all this modding..

Thanks
B

Hi and welcome

Not sure about all the answers but here's my two penceworth :-

1. If it's not available from Audi then it must be an aftermarket product which means a website, ebay or google.

2. Audi sat nav is double din. If you have DD then approx £650 with all the bits assuming ebay purchase of RSN-e at £550 ish. If you have single din then add another £250. Buy from Audi is approx £2,500.

3. You cannot expect a 1.9 to compare 'nippy' wise with your previous car. Don't know the cost of mapping but it's likely a new uprated turbo and clutch would be required. Look at £1,000 plus.

4. You must have OEM lights or you will have serious problems. Someone else will come in with the details.

I hope you enjoy your new car but please don't expect a 1.9 Audi to be anything like a 2.00 BMW msport !!