Xenon's

DJ-S3

Reaction score
My friends Focus ST xenon's are loads brighter than mine. He literally lights up the road infront of me and mine disappeared. Are they different or could mine do with replacing?

Does anyone know where to get them from?

Audi S3 56plate.

Dom

Although I've no personal experience to call on ...yet, I've been reading that Xenon bulbs degrade with age! So if yours are more than 3 or 4 years old, replacing them will probably see an improvement.

That's what i thought. Might upgrade mine just need to know the best place to buy them from?

You could try user t8ups on here, or ebay. :) x

Bulbs play a factor, the new osram xenarc bulbs are meant to be 20% brighter 5000k. What is also just as important is the projector type, what hid do you have single or bi? How old are they, the more use they have the more the projector chrome would have been worn producing loss of reflection. The audi projectors are not the best out there in terms of cutoff sharpness, intensity and foregroud light. Different projectors have different intensity and spread patterns.

I say get the new osram 5000k xenarc bulbs as a start.

you will need D1S bulbs, i have a set of 6000k for sale if your intersted,the are new and both working. Pm me if your intersted.

Before you run of to the bulb factory, get them on an mot bay & check the positioning is correct, you must do this with vcds to set mot mode then check with the lense if its correct, quite often its this causing terrible visibility on the road, although bulbs do play a factor, but not as often as you'd think.

Also the higher the kelvin, the worse the visibility, hence why oem is 4300 usually.

Ford also seem to make great xenons. The light coming off my mates RS is the best I've seen at night

Bulbs play a factor, the new osram xenarc bulbs are meant to be 20% brighter 5000k. What is also just as important is the projector type, what hid do you have single or bi? How old are they, the more use they have the more the projector chrome would have been worn producing loss of reflection. The audi projectors are not the best out there in terms of cutoff sharpness, intensity and foregroud light. Different projectors have different intensity and spread patterns.

I say get the new osram 5000k xenarc bulbs as a start.

I have bi xenon's, and as far as i can tell they haven't ever been changed and the car is nearly 6years old.

you will need D1S bulbs, i have a set of 6000k for sale if your intersted,the are new and both working. Pm me if your intersted.

Are mine D1S bulbs? How old are the bulbs? How much?

Before you run of to the bulb factory, get them on an mot bay & check the positioning is correct, you must do this with vcds to set mot mode then check with the lense if its correct, quite often its this causing terrible visibility on the road, although bulbs do play a factor, but not as often as you'd think.

Also the higher the kelvin, the worse the visibility, hence why oem is 4300 usually.

Isn't 4300 usually yellowish? If i have bi xenons Nige which bulbs do i need? There's 3 different types as far as i can tell.