Ecotech Performance remap

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Well today i took the plunge and had my car remapped at Ecotech Performance near Mold in North Wales and i am extremely happy with the results and the service i recieved.<br>&nbsp;They were going to rolling road the car before and after but they only have 2 wheel drive rollers. Ecotech said when i booked it in he could just disconnect a plug from the gearbox/diff and it would run in 2wd but &nbsp;they could not do this on mine, which they said was strange as they had done a Quattro saloon the week before and that had been fine. They only charged me £220 instead of £250. They also map out my EGR fault after i fitted an Allard egr delete kit.<br>&nbsp;The car pulls extremely well and is soooo much smoother. I would recommend Ecotech performance to anyone in the North West.<br><br>
IMG_0505.jpg
<br><br>

without the rolling road figures it's difficult to say but around 160-170bhp but he said the torque (most important thing) should be up by 60lb/ft and i'm not fussed by the figures it's how it pulls on the road and boy oh boy does she pull!
The EGR delete kit made a noticeable difference too. When i finally get hold of a 1.8t sport rear bumper i'll have a full de-cat system as well and get rid of the centre silencer, i might find a 4wd rolling road then and see what it's actually putting out bhp wise.

I think the 'pulling the plug' trick is for A3/TT 'quattro' models as they don't use real torsen quattro, they use computer controlled haldex. There's no quick and simple way to make our cars 2wd as far as I'm aware?!

Benjie - that seems to ring a bell, think the only way to convert the quattro is to drop the prop off the back of the gearbox which is a little overkill for a rolling road session.

I think the 'pulling the plug' trick is for A3/TT 'quattro' models as they don't use real torsen quattro, they use computer controlled haldex. There's no quick and simple way to make our cars 2wd as far as I'm aware?!
The a3/s3/TT has a Haldex controller, it's a wet clutch and computer controlled to give power to rear wheels. You unplug this or pull the fuse and it's 2 wheel drive. Power is still transferred to the rear transfer box just not to the wheels. Unlike the a4 which is permanent 4x4 which you can not just unplug.